Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I grew up in the city and i never thought i would be saying the following
"babe did you put the girls to bed? did kookie give you the run around again? (cue giggling because she always does)
No Agnes you cannot eat my hair!
Penny if you dont stop picking on Florence im going to put you on the naughty step!
Daisy (duck) if you dont shut up you're going in the pot my girl!

Every thing i see can be translated into either a good hen house or a not so good one, my husband is convinced that i am chicken obsessed!

Yes darling of course i will stop at just these 4 chickens...........................8 weeks later.................but darling our girls are getting lonely we need some new friends for them!
No darling i promise i wont get any more (now at 11 chickens and 3 ducks)..................2 weeks later..................you know donald could really do with a wife of his own....................on purchasing donald a wife...................it would be a shame to leave that poor little girl there..................no it wont hurt for jim to have two wives...............ok darling i promise this is the end now no more.............................
and a post on my fb yesterday....................YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY my chickie doo's have stopped being drama queens and started laying again!!!!!

My name is liz and i am an addict lol!
clap.gif
You have conquered the first step in Addicted to Chickens Anonymous! Don't worry...we will teach you to say "No". And by that, I mean, "No, I'm not leaving without that chicken!!!"
gig.gif

clap.gif
You have conquered the first step in Addicted to Chickens Anonymous! Don't worry...we will teach you to say "No". And by that, I mean, "No, I'm not leaving without that chicken!!!"
gig.gif
Hehehehe i think i mastered that already! i went to a farm a few weeks ago to pick up 3.......count em 3 hens.............left with 7 hens and 3 ducks............ummmmmmm ooops! lol

"Oh you cute, little precious, sweeties! Do you know how much your mommy loves you? You are such pretty chickies!"

Yep, that was me just this afternoon as I was sitting on my porch swing and all 3 of them came up for a nice visit and

here's a pic to prove it.....

I dont know if its more of saying things I never thought i would say, but doing things I never thought i would do. Going to the grocery store and buying more snacks for the chickens than i do for my kids, corn on the cobb, canned corn, watermelon, broccoli, cabbage, spinach....the list goes on lol.

Althought, when i go into the coop in the morning, I say: Good morning Chick-a-bees!

Said to the pullet "you scammer! Don't cackle unless you actually lay an egg."
Pet store cashier:" Is that a chicken?!" me:"yes, why not?"
"Get the chicken out of the Christmas Cactus!"
Said to the chicken "the back of the couch is not a race track!"

Back
Top Bottom