Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Ive said to a friend who was having a bad day once,
" Im sorry about your bad day, would you like to hold a chicken ? "
lol.png

You're a good friend. I think that would cheer just about anyone up!!
wee.gif

Ive said to a friend who was having a bad day once,
" Im sorry about your bad day, would you like to hold a chicken ? "
lol.png

THANKS ALOT ladychicken&ducklover....... Went home last night and my DH was having a REALLY bad day. I said that exact same thing to him with a straight face and serious. He turned really red. I mean REALLY REALLY red... then nicely told me to go clean my coop.

gig.gif

Cant wait to try that one at work.

Arriving late to a family dinner:

"Sorry, I had to flip the cement blocks so the girls could get their bugs, and then I got caught up watching them chase each other."

Said to dog: "Quit playing with the chicks and get your behind in the house!"

Said to my ladies' roo (a few times, I might add): "Penguin!! Such a good boy!! Did you just 'take care of' one of your girls?!? Such a good boy..." (The last sentence may have been said in baby talk... :/)

"For crying out loud, Martha... Just lay your egg and quit complaining!"

"Scaredy Cat! For the last time...! You come at me one more time and I'm letting the dog have you, mister! Now stop it and be a good boy!"

"SHE DID THE SQUAT FOR ME!!"

"Well... I broke the broody, but there's already another one trying for it..."

"Thank God the dog knows the routine... I almost forgot to check on the girls..."

Last edited:
"All RIGHT, Brenda, we know you laid an egg already! Shut UP about it fer gawd's sake!"

"Oh - there's a new crower! Gotta go check to see who it is!"

"Ooooh! Earwigs! Come here, girls! nummies!"

"That yard just calls out for chickens. How can they not have a coop somewhere?". (Idle comment, passing a great yard perfectly suited for a flock o' free-ranging fluffy-butt ladies.)

"Whew! normal poop!" as I flick it off my lap.

"Well, well, well, who has learned to fly?!? Get back into that brooder.". Followed in short order by, "Whose poop is THIS?"

"Uh oh - that's the alarm call - lemme go see what's triggered Carl.". (My dominant roo.)

On the phone. "Sorry about that - I'm in the yard with the chickens and it's Crow Fest time."

(while watching my chicks) OMG, they do the chicken dance before they poop!!

That one didnt poop, now we need to check all of their butts!!

Thanks for helping me wash their pasty butts

Was trying to explain to my daughter why we have to clean their pasty butts when she asked "Why will they explode?"

I just got chicks for the first time last week but one of the first things I said when I went into work the next day was, "They have the cutest little fuzzy bums!!!" Of course, I work in fisheries, so this was said to a group of men. Pretty much every day when I come in now they ask, "So how are the fuzzy bums doing?!" Haha, and I always reply with, "Have I told you yet today how cute my baby chicks are?!!! They have the cutest little fuzzy bums!" Haha.

And I have already found myself reassuring my hubby that, "It's just a little poop, it won't kill you." Haha, because for some reason they don't seem to poop on me at all but always let a huge one go when he picks them up! Such smart girls I have :)

Back
Top Bottom