Things you wish you could say

But when someone asks a basic question that shows no knowledge of chickens-- people can just give an answer and move on, instead of arguing about whether the poster is a troll.

There are lots of people that join here because they do not know about chickens and want to learn. Some of their questions might seem strange, but some people really do NOT know things that the rest of us consider obvious. (After they learn, it's obvious to them too.)

(Not trying to argue with tripletfeb, just quoting their comment because it reminded me of something I have complaints about.)
I understand all that, believe me. But when they post google images as their own, you kinda know it's a troll. Not arguing with you either

My teenager.. who cleans his room once every six months or so (I've given up asking).. asked me to clean the pantry (with two days notice) so that he can use it for filming this weekend.

Given that it's the busiest 3 weeks of the year (workwise) at the moment and I can barely keep my eyes open.. I didn't even bother with a smart or snotty reply.. I simply grunted and said "I'll try".

Then thought - I've turned into a teenager!!! LOL

My teenager.. who cleans his room once every six months or so (I've given up asking).. asked me to clean the pantry (with two days notice) so that he can use it for filming this weekend.

Given that it's the busiest 3 weeks of the year (workwise) at the moment and I can barely keep my eyes open.. I didn't even bother with a smart or snotty reply.. I simply grunted and said "I'll try".

Then thought - I've turned into a teenager!!! LOL
Just hang a sheet over it and say done.

Just hang a sheet over it and say done.
Haha! I know right.. or just "hide it all under a bed"! For reference - here's our pantry

Pantry.jpg .

... Two sheets?

(I'm kidding).
IN reality, I'll evict a couple of the spiders who have been lurking in the top corners, I'll put my stock pots out in the garage (don't need them for a few months yet anyways), put the recycling out on it's due day, and refill my containers.

It's not even a job really... but I just objected to having my teenager ask me to do it on such short notice at such a busy/tired time. And esp when I always get eye rolls what I ask them to clean their bathroom :p

It's for a worthy cause though so I shall make it happen :) He has 5 of his friends over this weekend and they're entering a 48 hour film making competition. We have all been put on notice that any/all part of the house, and the people and animals in it, may be required for "film duty" haha.

Back
Top Bottom