Things you wish you could say

And you have the courage to butcher yourself. For some, that pushes them to no meat. I'll support this more than the ones who adamantly preach animal welfare and then eat grocery meat because the package says magical things like humanely raised, grass fed or some other buzz words.

At least, buy from a local farmer. Meet your meat. Pay respect to the animal.
Off this particular topic, but how do you pronounce your name? Is it "are you nuts" or "Run uts"?

I have no problem with vegetarians or vegans, whatever floats your boat :)
But it irritates me that most of them completely overlook the fact that millions of animals are killed in the process of growing their vegetables as well.
On what basis do you say we "overlook" that fact? Many are painfully aware of it. How do you know what we are aware of or not?

I mean, we have to eat!

On what basis do you say we "overlook" that fact? Many are painfully aware of it. How do you know what we are aware of or not?

I mean, we have to eat!
Just thinking out loud. Animals can die and lose habitat for you to eat, but I can't harvest my livestock?

Edit: for clarity of my comment

"On what basis do you say we "overlook" that fact?

I mean, we have to eat!"

I mean, we have to eat!
I think maybe that a lot of them are more than willing to condem us for eating meat and yet act as if they're not causing harm, only salvation for all animals by eating their diet

I am acquainted with a fair number of vegetarian folks and none of them 'condemn' others for eating meat. Also "salvation for all animals" is a bit over-dramatic.
It was the best term I could come up with, and I never said all of them do that, just that that's how quite a few seem to act when they find out other people eat meet

Yes, and non vegetarian/vegans have to eat as well, only we don't pretend to be morally superior because of what we choose to eat.
Agreed. People pretend to be morally superior because of other choices they make. 😄

People are people. Vegetarian, vegan, meat-eaters. We all have insecurities and feelings of superiority about our various quirks and such. It's human nature.

Don't let it bother you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom