Things you wish you could say

Oh I don't charge for eggs. That would not be allowed. I gift them to people...then a minute later they gift me $3.50. ;):confused:
I'm having a blast reading this thread. :gig I used to receive eggs from a lady I worked with. The eggs were free, but we paid for the carton..which we also had to return.🤔
And Praise the Lord, Ihave no twang so k ow I'm not "THAT member"..but I am posting in an old thread.:plbb

My mother in law is similar, except I'm a little meaner. LOL She has no problems eating meat of all kinds from the store, but when I start talking about processing our chickens, lambs, etc when we get them, she starts crying!! She even "laughingly" called me a murderer one time. I asked her where she thought the meat she eats comes from and she said the store. She's also the person who said "who's gonna clean your house??" when she saw the house we bought and still to this day complains because she thinks we're going to have HER clean it. Even though I have never liked her coming over and cleaning my house, ever! ugh! I don't have trouble telling her what for though. LOL Possibly because she forgets it a minute later because her memory is shot.
Alzheimer's? 🙁

"just because there is no yellow line down the middle of this country road, doesn't mean you get to drive in the middle of it!"
When the grass/corn/wheat at the side of the road are high, a lot of people on my road do drive down the middle to give themselves more reaction time in case an animal darts out. If you've lived here for any amount of time, you know about this, and drive "heads-up" so that you can watch for critters and the other drivers. When there's someone coming up behind, they know to move over and make room for them to pass, and same for oncoming vehicles.

It's one of those "it's different out here" things that people learn. Yeah, we have the people who drive like it's a dirt track; they piss me off too!

The middle of the road thing saved me from hitting someone's dog once...

When the grass/corn/wheat at the side of the road are high, a lot of people on my road do drive down the middle to give themselves more reaction time in case an animal darts out. If you've lived here for any amount of time, you know about this, and drive "heads-up" so that you can watch for critters and the other drivers. When there's someone coming up behind, they know to move over and make room for them to pass, and same for oncoming vehicles.

It's one of those "it's different out here" things that people learn. Yeah, we have the people who drive like it's a dirt track; they piss me off too!

The middle of the road thing saved me from hitting someone's dog once...
We have this situation as well, not to mention the bad condition of the roads. We are constantly driving all over the road to avoid deep potholes.

We have this situation as well, not to mention the bad condition of the roads. We are constantly driving all over the road to avoid deep potholes.
Oh, yeah, I know how that goes! It's a big deal when the road get graded after the winter potholing. It's a topic of conversation, just like the weather.

Oh, country life... :lau

Back
Top Bottom