Things you wish you could say

I don’t agree that all rabbits need friends, they are not as social as people think. I got 2 old rabbits they had to go together because they had all was lived together, about 6 years. Few months after we got them one died, I was expecting a very sad rabbit. Nope she was the happiest I had ever seen her. She died a few weeks later. I feel so sorry for her 6 years of being stuck with a rabbit that she hates. But I do have a pair who get along well, some rabbits like company some don’t

I agree with this. My first bunny was very attached to us, and did not like other rabbits. One time, we had to pet sit someone else's bunny for a couple weeks. We didn't plan on keeping them together of course, but my bunny could see the other one as we brought him through the door. She instantly ran to the edge of her cage and glared at him. She was all nervous. She clearly hated having another rabbit in her space. She calmed down once we moved him away.
My current bunny wouldn't like a friend either. He likes his space, and does not like if anything is touched or moved. He's very particular about where is toys and things are. He also loves attention, and I'm sure he would get very jealous if he had to share.

A very popular YouTube channel that I am very very tired of hearing people refer to as if it is the end all be all guide to rabbit care.
Similar stuff out there for guinea pigs 🙄 you wouldn’t believe how happy our 3 have been and what a difference in personality since we moved them to the sub aviary where they can free range!!!!

Exercise pen (sold for puppies and other pets), shortened to X-pen.

Not a safe or efficient way to house multiple rabbits outdoors, but apparently fine for containing one or two rabbits inside a human house.
Oh, okay. My friend uses that for hers. I was thinking a cavy cage for some reason

I like Lennon the Bunny, but I do agree that her channel should not be the only source of information. There are also some things that I don't agree with.
Rabbits are fine in play pens and things like that, as long as they get some time outside as well. They don't need to be free roamed all the time though.
There is nothing wrong with buying a rabbit. Sure, there are plenty of rabbits in shelters that need help. But what about the rabbits in pet stores? They still need owners too.
Do not buy from pet store, when you buy from a pet store you make space for more badly bred rabbits. Because if the rabbits are selling then it is profitable for the store to get more

Do not buy from pet store, when you buy from a pet store you make space for more badly bred rabbits. Because if the rabbits are selling then it is profitable for the store to get more
More often than not, you can get a well bred rabbit that is a purebred and has papers for less than the petshop mixes. They're healthier too most times since they're just ones that don't fit the show standard but are better than butcherworthy, not something that only had two cute parents

More often than not, you can get a well bred rabbit that is a purebred and has papers for less than the petshop mixes. They're healthier too most times since they're just ones that don't fit the show standard but are better than butcherworthy, not something that only had two cute parents
And then you support a small rabbitry at the same time! Win-win :)

I got my first rabbit from a pet store. It was a terrible place, and I'm glad I got her out of there when I did. The owner had a Tegu that walked around the shop and scared all the other animals. I consider her a kind of rescue. I don't agree with buying animals from stores like that. We just happened to see her and fall in love.
Nice pet stores though, that actually care about the animals, there is nothing wrong with buying animals from there.

Back
Top Bottom