Things you wish you could say

I understand what you are saying Dawg, that's also an 'attention' issue, where people will post just for the sake of posting. Their 'advice' is pretty worthless, but hey, it gets THEIR name on the boards in front of everyone's face right? Like if I asked you how to reboot an android phone, and you get the clown who pipes up with, I have an apple it's less problems. Nobody cares about your apple, nobody asked about YOUR phone, your input had absolutely NOTHING to do with the question, go away you little pestilence!!!

Not defending them, but well.... sort of in their defense, sometimes people do THINK they have a correct answer and do try to help and it's not a blatant attention whore.

Also at times, text is hard to gauge, ok is Aaron joking with me, or was he serious when he said that? Is Aaron pulling my leg or is he trying to be an ass?? Hard to gauge intent often and THAT causes kerfluffles more times than not I'd say.

Aaron

P.S. Just to clear the air, yes I AM an ass, but do joke sometimes too :p
Yeah that makes sense! I honestly think a lot of it is bored people too sometimes :lau

Yeah that makes sense! I honestly think a lot of it is bored people too sometimes :lau
Oh hell yeah !! Trolling is an artform, and some people, just make it Soooo easy.. and enterTAINing !!! Grab the Popcorn, watch what I can start with just this one comment !!

Especially when you get a community this large, you are bound to have some clashes, and EGO battles. You'll get the one who for the most part, only posts to take a jab at their arch nemesis, thinking they are being snarky, the other crop dusting hoping one of their cluster bombs gets mr puddles to turn on the water works.

The best is when two wolves are going at each other and you can throw a sirloin between them! :D

There was a site a while ago, a long long time ago called flame warriors or something that described personality types on the internet. it was pretty hilarious. I wont post it here, its been taken over a few times over the years so I can't guarantee it's ... wholesomeness, if you do check it out have a virus program running in case there are some scuzz ad's or something on its front page so it can block them

Aaron

Often, I give decent advice. More than often I tag knowledgeable people and tell the OP to keep us updated.
How does that honestly work out? I know often times once people get an answer they tend to take off, problem solved and not follow thru. Curious how many times people follow thru with an update w/o a little nudge a few weeks later :)

Aaron

How does that honestly work out? I know often times once people get an answer they tend to take off, problem solved and not follow thru. Curious how many times people follow thru with an update w/o a little nudge a few weeks later :)

Aaron
usually people update their threads. especially the ones about sick or injured birds.

i see updates as a kind of thank you to the people that helped them with their problem.

i can think of one thread in particular that the OP has completely disregarded since getting a bunch of advice they didn’t necessarily like though.

usually people update their threads. especially the ones about sick or injured birds.

i see updates as a kind of thank you to the people that helped them with their problem.

i can think of one thread in particular that the OP has completely disregarded since getting a bunch of advice they didn’t necessarily like though.
yah, sometimes people are not really looking for advice, they already have their minds made up, they just want others to agree with them so if it don't work out, they can go, well THEY told me to do it, it's not MY fault.

Aaron

yah, sometimes people are not really looking for advice, they already have their minds made up, they just want others to agree with them so if it don't work out, they can go, well THEY told me to do it, it's not MY fault.

Aaron
for sure. and there’s others who just post for attention.

Aaron
Totally depends on the person. Sometimes we get daily updates. I have read threads where they say, "I'll keep you updated" and thats the end.

Back
Top Bottom