Things you wish you could say

They sell these at thrift stores now?
View attachment 3775964
Yup! 😂
IMG_20240319_063424.jpg

Never ever. I have heard of the name is all at some time, and I think it is probably here that I heard it. I am fairly certain that I would never hear of it anywhere else.

What is it? Animation?

I think TT said it was her favorite all time movie, so expect a throat punch. If you don't mind go ahead and take mine for me as well. I will get you back later
You guys are just making me sad

Or, "We're leaving church right now! Get in the car. I'm just going to say hi to Mrs. so and so! If you get out of the 100degreeF car, you'll be in trouble!", and then sitting for 30 minutes of torture while she talks and you roast.
When I was maybe three or four years old I told Mom I needed to use the bathroom. We immediately headed for the car but she decided to keep talking. I think you can imagine the result...

Lots of quotes to comment on, so here goes.
I'm the only one that doesn't have to look at my face, so I'm perfectly happy with it
BINGO!!! If you don't like how I look, DON'T LOOK AT ME!
I hate my nails because people call them cat claws. I really like how they look though.
If you like how they look, you can learn to like them.
Sometimes I have eye bags. They say that I look like I'm on drugs. I try to use products to get rid of those.
Maybe more sleep would help? I recall high school/college days and having bags. More sleep helped, definitely!
And you know what? I don't care. I hate the way bare feet feel in my sandals, they feel sticky and gross. So if anyone doesn't like the way it looks they can just not look. I'm 70 years old and I like me just the way I am. You're okay just the way you are too. So jjust enjoy being you, okay? It's all good. You're the only you there is.
My bolding. Exactly this! It took me a LONG time to be comfortable in my own skin. I am now. I won't let anyone take that away from me.
Karma likes to slap people real hard, so you just need to be a good person who takes care of what/who matters to you, and let them trip themselves over the side of the metaphorical cliff.
This. Absolutely. At the end of the day, the end of your life, you are the one who has to be satisfied with what you have done and who you have been.

:goodpost:

Of all the people I met in high school, for all the stress of trying to fit in, for all the tears, I am now, almost 40 years later, friends with none of them. Zero. And to think I wasted my time worrying what they thought of me.

I have my best friend from college. I have a couple more from work. None of them judge me (a lot of that goes away with age), and I judge none of them.

You will find like-minded people sooner or later. In the meantime, don't try to "fix" your mind to suit them.

Don't change yourself, Moth. Be true to yourself. In five years you won't even know any of these people, they are not important. Just be you. Somebody called me a bag lady once because I wear what's comfortable. And yeah, I'm one of those weirdos that wears socks with sandals. And you know what? I don't care. I hate the way bare feet feel in my sandals, they feel sticky and gross. So if anyone doesn't like the way it looks they can just not look. I'm 70 years old and I like me just the way I am. You're okay just the way you are too. So jjust enjoy being you, okay? It's all good. You're the only you there is.
Weirdo with socks and sandals? I do that.

I prefer barefeet at all times, and don't use socks when I can. Good luck to anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

I've never been one to care what other people think of me(shocker, I'm sure). Even in high school, I was just trying to pass so I could graduate. It's funny how none of the "stuff" from high school matter in the real world. Just treat others as you want to be treated and move on

Back
Top Bottom