Thinking 2 of our Buff Orpington gals are in fact guys

Pretty sure the 2 suspects are roosters. The three non-suspects have been getting roughed up a bit. Today there was lots of squawking and my daughter went out and discovered some bloody beaks... :(

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 17
All pullets.
Good going.

you think the other one with comb and waddles is also a pullet? I guess what has been confusing me is that 2 could be so far ahead of the others developmentally. But I admittedly know precious little about chicken development or genetics. I suppose all 5 could be from different rooster/hen combinations - I didn’t think to ask the person I got them from how many hens/roos were in the mix and don’t think I have a way to contact them.

Someone might take them for breeding.
We took one rooster back to the place we got him from, and he had a good home there.
Are you thinking of selling them or just rehoming them?

Hi we have 4 buff Orpingtons very similar to yours. Supposedly the same age. They were only days old when we got em. We are at 16 weeks now. 1 was always bigger a 2nd finally equaled the others size. Their combs started much sooner than the other 2 smaller ones. No crowing yet but lots of talking. Like you still not sure if we don’t have a rooster or 2. Waiting for the eggs to show up surely at my chicks age it would be easier to tell their sex.
Do you have photos?

Hi we have 4 buff Orpingtons very similar to yours. Supposedly the same age. They were only days old when we got em. We are at 16 weeks now. 1 was always bigger a 2nd finally equaled the others size. Their combs started much sooner than the other 2 smaller ones. No crowing yet but lots of talking. Like you still not sure if we don’t have a rooster or 2. Waiting for the eggs to show up surely at my chicks age it would be easier to tell their sex.
Yep. We have lots and lots of talking lol

Back
Top Bottom