Thinking about getting ducklings

I'm a little confused. The one honking is probably a girl, the raspy sounding one will be a drake. I think they sound like little frogs. One has black feet?
Oh ok. I got it backwards. The horking ones are females? I thought it was the one that kind of quack that were female

I'm a little confused. The one honking is probably a girl, the raspy sounding one will be a drake. I think they sound like little frogs. One has black feet?

I think one has infected feet with black spots on the web part of the feet. I’m going to try to take pictures so you can see

I think one has infected feet with black spots on the web part of the feet. I’m going to try to take pictures so you can see
that sounds like it could be bumble feet but pictures of everything will be great. @Miss Lydia is an expert on treating that if need be. We will know from the pictures most likely.

As far as the honking/rasp/quacks go, yes, the big loud mouths will be the girls, the softer raspier are the boys. It's easy to remember if you think of it that way.

Attachments

• 7FEA446D-A858-4E94-AC63-9F7FEBEDFFA5.jpeg
    7FEA446D-A858-4E94-AC63-9F7FEBEDFFA5.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 9
  • AD56594A-D059-46A9-9EBE-E205D66110B7.png
    AD56594A-D059-46A9-9EBE-E205D66110B7.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • ED34AD82-11CF-4D88-9725-87E66934EA8D.jpeg
    ED34AD82-11CF-4D88-9725-87E66934EA8D.jpeg
    894.1 KB · Views: 12
that sounds like it could be bumble feet but pictures of everything will be great. @Miss Lydia is an expert on treating that if need be. We will know from the pictures most likely.

As far as the honking/rasp/quacks go, yes, the big loud mouths will be the girls, the softer raspier are the boys. It's easy to remember if you think of it that way.
I got it backwards. Ok so the one that doesn’t walk is the quieter one. Almost like a raspy voice

Looks like bumble. Soak in warm Epsom salt water to soften the scabs apply some tripe antibiotic ointment and just keep doing this till you can get those scans soft enough to pull off. Bumble is staff infection so it’s important you take care of this ASAP. They all look good though. Is that foot turned inward or just the way she’s standing? I’d also get some liquid b complex and start them ion it too. It great for leg muscle health.

Looks like bumble. Soak in warm Epsom salt water to soften the scabs apply some tripe antibiotic ointment and just keep doing this till you can get those scans soft enough to pull off. Bumble is staff infection so it’s important you take care of this ASAP. They all look good though. Is that foot turned inward or just the way she’s standing? I’d also get some liquid b complex and start them ion it too. It great for leg muscle health.
Yes both feet are inward and he can barely walk. It’s sitting at lot. I have liquid vitamin b complex. Should I give it to him directly in his bill? Would that help him? The other two look too fat too imo. I have flock raiser. Should I just feed them that? This is a copy of the email she sent me telling me about them. Please let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help us

Attachments

• 1CE462CB-A45C-4809-A42F-F3C3030018F2.png
    1CE462CB-A45C-4809-A42F-F3C3030018F2.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 10
Okay so not the best diet bro wonder they are over weight just feed flock raiser and give greens for snack if you can give them shredded romaine lettuce it’s good for them and is not fattening you can even put the 1 ml liquid b complex over it so it doesn’t get watered down putting it in their water of course put some in their water too. But they really need it by mouth. Just don’t ever shoot it down their throats so it doesn’t go down into their lungs. Thawed green peas is another favorite. Be sure to put out a bowl of Oyster shell for calcium since your feeding FR. not in their feed though just close to it the females will eat it as they need it.

Okay so not the best diet bro wonder they are over weight just feed flock raiser and give greens for snack if you can give them shredded romaine lettuce it’s good for them and is not fattening you can even put the 1 ml liquid b complex over it so it doesn’t get watered down putting it in their water of course put some in their water too. But they really need it by mouth. Just don’t ever shoot it down their throats so it doesn’t go down into their lungs. Thawed green peas is another favorite. Be sure to put out a bowl of Oyster shell for calcium since your feeding FR. not in their feed though just close to it the females will eat it as they need it.
I also have layer pellets for the chickens. Can I feed them layer pellets as well? They are 3 months all according to the previous owner.
thank you

Back
Top Bottom