Thinking of keeping homing pigeons

Just waiting on them to nest so I can have babies to fly
be patient. Pigeons sometimes have to settle in and get a bit older to really want to breed. I had racing homers for more than a year before I got my first eggs. :)
I don't think they were paired like this, but I'm going to see if they pair like I hope before deciding if I need to separate them
you better pair them the how you want them! If they don't pair how you like, you will never pair them differently as long as they are in the same coop. You can try, like me, but it won't happen! They are very faithful to their partners.

be patient. Pigeons sometimes have to settle in and get a bit older to really want to breed. I had racing homers for more than a year before I got my first eggs. :)
you better pair them the how you want them! If they don't pair how you like, you will never pair them differently as long as they are in the same coop. You can try, like me, but it won't happen! They are very faithful to their partners.
Thank you for letting me know! I'll separate them today!!!

Well it looks like the almond and check pair are bonded! Does that mean it's safe to put the other pair (that I'm not sure are bonded yet) back in with them? And sorry for the bad quality photo, lots of spiderwebs on the window lol.
IMG-1733.jpg

Well it looks like the almond and check pair are bonded! Does that mean it's safe to put the other pair (that I'm not sure are bonded yet) back in with them? And sorry for the bad quality photo, lots of spiderwebs on the window lol.
View attachment 2245101

:love It looks like they are happy together! Is there a separate nestbox or defined nesting area for each pair?

Back
Top Bottom