Thinking outside the box, breed suggestions~Update pg 8~

Quote:
thats the personality of a bully! i may have only owned 2 in my life BUT i have talked to SOOO many breeders and owners i could probably tell you the names of the owners of any show winning bull terrier becuase ive probably talked to them . every breeder on the AKC breeder refferal list ive talked to about there dogs personalities and there everyday lives living with them.(before i got a bt i was obsessed with them) ive talked to breeders in the UK and france.

i would personally say corgis would be a good choice they are awsome little dogs that really love to please (as im sure you know)

I showed Basenjis. Check 'em out. Nice size, happy, like little clowns, good with kids, rough and tumble, very clean and fairly quiet. They are very smart. A thinking breed...challenging. Trot around like little show ponies. Hubby may like the look of these guys.

I also think the Chihuahua or the Toy Fox Terrier would be a good choice. All easy keepers!
big_smile.png

So, I did some looking at Icelandics last night because I really knew very little about them. They seem to fit my needs well, however each breeder website, club site, ect all said they are major barkers. I can deal with a barker, but my question is: Do I want to? How is their barking habit as compared with a Sheltie? Anyone know?

I read Maltese and Corgi on here and I would say those are both good small dogs, if you want one a bit bigger how about a labarador? They are very nice dogs, calm,
people friendly, Very loyal, and love to work.

Edited to add: And they Don't need alot of grooming!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I really like the idea of a Corgi, if I were to get one I would get the Cardigan variety. A Maltese is out, the grooming scares me.

ETA: No Labs, they are a large dog and I only have room for one big dog in the future. My large breed will be either a Beauceron or a Doberman.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh those are sooo cute!

sickbyc.gif

gig.gif

They are!! I bet you dont like Clumbers either! Hrrmmph!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom