~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

I should have duck eggs here on Monday... and peafowl eggs will be in the bator a day late (they are in transit and won't be here until Monday as well)...
Hopefully they all arrive fertile and in one piece (not broken or scrambled).. lol
clap.gif
I wondered if you would be hatching this year . . . . . . with us that is.

WHat kind of duck??

Exactly what would an empty Bator look like?

Out of space now, deciding how to stack them. Or add another shelf. Mine hold 84, but I can expand to 120, and two Hatchers.

See that's what I need. "A hatcher." I fill a incubator and eggs stay in it until they hatch.

Is there a easy way to make a homeaide hatcher?

Day28/21 and I have 1 chick two more pips that were there last night. They have started zipping, but haven't progressed in hours. I could probably successfully help one, but I don't dare open in fear of ruining the turkey eggs from my deceased girl.

Hello my name is Sue. Hope it is not to late to join the turkey hatch. I managed to wrangle up some turkey eggs. ( royal palm turkeys) not my first choice but they will do. My others (Sweetgrass)

will come a little later if it's meant to be. These are from young bird so I hope they are fertile....A friend of mine gave them to me. happy dance I get to join in
Hatched these cutes for my friend, her cochins , millie fluer, bantam there so cute. and they go home tomorrow.
the picture of the cutes didn't show up

Quote:
for the hatch a long.. ancona

I also have more in the incubators... black east indies, muscovy, french white muscovy, rouen, silkie, calls, cayuga, khaki campbells, golden 300s, mixed breed, blue swedish, giant pekins, geese, (I know I am forgetting someone) ... with mandarin and more muscovy eggs due to arrive sometime next week...along with the first batch of peafowl eggs

lol.. and that's not counting the chicken eggs....

but at least the turkey eggs from the bator hatched (I need to take more pics and update the other thread)... but I have a turkey hen setting a nest (different hen from the dummy egg nest).. and found a muscovy hen setting a nest today too.. but I'm not counting on them to hatch since the predators like to raid the nests and eat the eggs even if the mommas are sitting on them..

I don't consider myself lucky, but sometimes the stars line up and shine upon me. Today, I was really busy at work, but I slipped away to come home and check the hatchers, I had adjusted the temp before leaving for work and wanted to make sure it was okay. The feed store is on my way home and I needed chick starter, so I stopped in.

I have become an expert at resisting the sirens call of chicks and can even look at them without being tempted, so when I heard the peeping as I walked through the door, I was not concerned. I walked over to the brooders and peeked inside. There was this one that stood out. I kept looking at it and it moved differently and sounded different. Then I saw a snood!

I got a poult for $1.00!

I don't consider myself lucky, but sometimes the stars line up and shine upon me.  Today, I was really busy at work, but I slipped away to come home and check the hatchers, I had adjusted the temp before leaving for work and wanted to make sure it was okay.  The feed store is on my way home and I needed chick starter, so I stopped in. 

I have become an expert at resisting the sirens call of chicks and can even look at them without being tempted, so when I heard the peeping as I walked through the door, I was not concerned.  I walked over to the brooders and peeked inside.  There was this one that stood out.  I kept looking at it and it moved differently and sounded different.  Then I saw a snood!

I got a poult for $1.00!

Good Job!

See that's what I need. "A hatcher." I fill a incubator and eggs stay in it until they hatch.

Is there a easy way to make a homeaide hatcher?

Day28/21 and I have 1 chick two more pips that were there last night. They have started zipping, but haven't progressed in hours. I could probably successfully help one, but I don't dare open in fear of ruining the turkey eggs from my deceased girl.

Coolerbators make great Hatchers. I have two.

Warning, more incubators makes you real addicted!

Then you turn an old mini freezer into an incubator and your gone.

Back
Top Bottom