GeneralSV

Chirping
Apr 7, 2019
I have a chicken who seems to be breathing/heaving hard, as if she's thirsty, but I check the water level every 2 hours and I have felt her sack and nothing seems to be wrong, when I do separate her from the flock and put water in front of her she doesn't want to drink it. What could be wrong?

I have a chicken who seems to be breathing/heaving hard, as if she's thirsty, but I check the water level every 2 hours and I have felt her sack and nothing seems to be wrong, when I do separate her from the flock and put water in front of her she doesn't want to drink it. What could be wrong?
Maybe she is retaining water and her heart is having to work harder, so she is breathing heavier. Have you checked her back vent area? The area below her vent to make sure it is not swollen?

Where are you located in the world? What's your weather like?
If you can take a video of her that may be helpful - upload videos to youtube and provide a link.

Is she panting like she's hot or is she in respiratory distress?
How old is she and how long have you had her?
If she is of laying age, when is the last time she laid an egg?
Have you added any new chickens to your flock within the last 30 days?

I will try to put a video, but I don't know how old she is as my grandma got her from a friend and since she lives in the cities she handed her to my family, so I've have had her for almost a year or two. So far I haven't seen her lay any eggs yet and I haven't added any new chickens to the flock. Where I am located the wheater is starting to get hot with a couple of rain showers here and there.

I will try to put a video, but I don't know how old she is as my grandma got her from a friend and since she lives in the cities she handed her to my family, so I've have had her for almost a year or two. So far I haven't seen her lay any eggs yet and I haven't added any new chickens to the flock. Where I am located the wheater is starting to get hot with a couple of rain showers here and there.
Can you check her crop to make sure it's empty in the morning before she eats/drinks?

Back
Top Bottom