this,dead chicken

jeche57

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
i posted a few days ago on this.i found dead chicken in corner of coop and asked what it could be,head and neck was eaten.from what i read and was told it had to be a raccoon or horned owl,my day said it was a possum. gues what it was???????? A FERAL CAT i obseved it the next few nights coming up and its behavior,regular size and looking cat guess its on its own and wild,i put it out of its misery with my 12 gauge,no more problems,thx

I get feral cats on my little farm from time to time. they get in the barn and eat the food I leave for our cat. I haven't had any try to get in my chicken run/coop yet. I have to shoot them when I see them because they they will never leave after they find there is food around.

if they r hungry and aggressive enough they will,neighbors had dead chickens the same way i found

Good to have around, but too much of a good thing..........? Always thought if I had livestock other than chooks where I would have a barn, I would want a few cats, but like anything else, too much is too much.

Back
Top Bottom