This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
Not everyone can help those birds. It's not because people are busy chatting, it's because there is often nothing that can be done or we simply don't know.
It's much better to leave it and wait for someone with knowledge on the situation to come (best if you tag someone) than to reply with no knowledge. Replying without knowing what you are talking about will only do more harm.
I agree 👍🏻

If this might solve some of the issues brought up, maybe there is a list or someone can comprise one of all the members who are 'Educatior' status, and others who are trusted, maybe we can all familiarize ourselves with these users and tag if we notice a thread is drifting without a resolution or if we know someone who can help. I personally have tonnes of threads in my watched list, just because i'd like to see what becomes of the situation or what advice is given.

I agree that some things get lost, but the front page moves quickly even if you take the chat threads out of the equation. What I find irritating is when someone posts 'I don't know how to help, sorry' as the first post in a thread. If you leave that first post open, at least the thread will show up unanswered. Not all experts are online 24/7.

If this might solve some of the issues brought up, maybe there is a list or someone can comprise one of all the members who are 'Educatior' status, and others who are trusted, maybe we can all familiarize ourselves with these users and tag if we notice a thread is drifting without a resolution or if we know someone who can help. I personally have tonnes of threads in my watched list, just because i'd like to see what becomes of the situation or what advice is given.

I agree that some things get lost, but the front page moves quickly even if you take the chat threads out of the equation. What I find irritating is when someone posts 'I don't know how to help, sorry' as the first post in a thread. If you leave that first post open, at least the thread will show up unanswered. Not all experts are online 24/7.
Actaully, we've made a list of those people before. I don't have it on my phone at the moment, but I can find it in a bit.
It lists all the people to tag for each issue.

I totally agree. I haven't been on BYC for a while and just came back, and I barely recognized it. I am seeing all these urgent threads a sick chicken who have like, one comment, and then I see a chat thread that has thousands of comments. It doesn't seem fair to the new chicken owners who desperately need help.
Okay, to be fair, some of those threads are titled with only crying emojis and /or do not have questions answered readily when asked to gain more information. I tend to ignore both because I can't even try to help if I have no clue what's going on

I just want to say, I had the best experience with @HappyDuckie about feeding layer crumble or all flock. :) They recommended switching to all flock, but in my current situation, I have to stay with layer crumble, and when I said so - they said " ok :) " I'm very grateful to them that they accepted me cheerfully, and didn't put up a huge fight about it!

Thanks @HappyDuckie !!! :D

I just want to say, I had the best experience with @HappyDuckie about feeding layer crumble or all flock. :) They recommended switching to all flock, but in my current situation, I have to stay with layer crumble, and when I said so - they said " ok :) " I'm very grateful to them that they accepted me cheerfully, and didn't put up a huge fight about it!

Thanks @HappyDuckie !!! :D
No problem! I'm glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom