This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
I would like to point out the sweet irony I usually see in folks who call others snowflakes and sensitive, or say to scroll on if you don't like things, yet same type of people agreeing with that or saying it get offended over rainbows for example.

Also about the "kids taking over the thread", I would like to say I'm definitely not a kid. You don't have to be a kid to have these views lol. Also I'd be careful throwing around the "these kids!" Comments too much lol. Sounds very boomer esque. Nothing wrong with younger folks input. In fact we can learn a lot from younger folks.

I think that is exactly the OP's point. Kids left to their own devices. This is why my kids don't have Wi-Fi.
I didn't have access to wifi or my own devices outside of school until I was 15. Now, I am allowed 8 hours of internet time a day (I usually use 3-5 hours of it, which is still a lot. working on it). I enjoy it here, and I spend a lot of time here, but I don't depend on it like my siblings. My parents didn't wait it out for them, and they are basically phone addicts

I would like to point out the sweet irony I usually see in folks who call others snowflakes and sensitive, or say to scroll on if you don't like things, yet same type of people agreeing with that or saying it get offended over rainbows for example.

Also about the "kids taking over the thread", I would like to say I'm definitely not a kid. You don't have to be a kid to have these views lol. Also I'd be careful throwing around the "these kids!" Comments too much lol. Sounds very boomer esque. Nothing wrong with younger folks input. In fact we can learn a lot from younger folks.

I do have a lot of good stuff to say.

Just kidding, I don't know whats happening 90% of the time

I didn't have access to wifi or my own devices outside of school until I was 15. Now, I am allowed 8 hours of internet time a day (I usually use 3-5 hours of it, which is still a lot. working on it). I enjoy it here, and I spend a lot of time here, but I don't depend on it like my siblings. My parents didn't wait it out for them, and they are basically phone addicts
8 hours is a lot...

But I suppose, that's 8 hours of not annoying the hell out of your parents.

What does it have to do with the topic of the thread?
Many people are suggesting, that the smart people, without their say, should just be there always to give information, and that this cannot be used if they are doing their own thing.
Saying that people cannot put rainbows on their profile, takes away some of their freedom, as does saying that people cannot discuss what they think. Should someone have to start a whole other thread because they have a quest for someone about what they posted?
And for a lot of the other side of the argument, should someone be kicked because they have different opinions?

For the people who have read The Giver, See any similarities?

No one should be forced to spend all their time doing what others want them to. People who want to patrol the emergency things are welcome to do so and are respected.
People should not be kicked because they have different opinions, and while hijaking and joking around while an animals life is at risk is not ok, if someone has a few questions for someone on a thread they should not feel afraid to ask unless it’s just rude or mean.
Gay, Transgender, and Race are all topics that are relevant to our society today, and while it should not become the main topic of a thread about chickens... peacefully discussing it, or spreading/ supporting positive messages is not bad, and if you disagree, you can keep it to your self.

Last edited:
I think that is exactly the OP's point. Kids left to their own devices. This is why my kids don't have Wi-Fi.
My mom didn’t allow me or my brother to get a phone until we were in high school but she let him get one in middle school and I had to wait an extra 2 years she always turns off the WiFi if I say ok give me a minute bc I’m somehow being disrespectful, but I do use my phone somewhat a lot

Attachments

• 186B0F8E-3C08-41BC-BC32-D5F378B0C56B.png
    186B0F8E-3C08-41BC-BC32-D5F378B0C56B.png
    318 KB · Views: 11
Forums evolve and change with the times. The ones that don't end up like the dinosaurs: extinct. Young'uns will be young'uns. They evolve and change with the times. Young'uns now days have so much more to entertain them. Why, I remember being tossed with the hound dogs when I misbehaved. And this might be the very reason why I like dogs better than most people. But now that I think of it, I wished I had been tossed with the chickens. Oh well....live, learn and accept what you can't change and think of how to change things that you are in control of. Me? I'm just scrolling on by...

Back
Top Bottom