This forum.

Mmmaddie13

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2011
Berthoud, CO
So I've been a part of several forums, starting with homesteadingtoday.com, then this one, and a few others that are not only bird related.

By far this community is the nicest and most compassionate. I have not ever seen criticism in a negative sense. It's always been constructive and nicely said. Sure, there may be some disagreements, but no one is ever bitter and unfair, and we always seem to ask before we assume.

Just having a rough day and I tried to post a small rant to one of my horse forums that I am a part of, only to be bullied down and had fingers pointed at me. Not looking for a pity party, just saying that this is the one forum that I know that I would be able to vent and rant and anything else without negative replies.

I'm posting this in the Peafowl section because I feel that this little group of people is the most kind. Don't get me wrong, the whole backyardchickens community is wonderful, but I truly feel a connection to each and every one of you in the Peafowl group. We are small but we are mighty.

I guess what I am trying to get at here, is just a thank you to all of you for being welcoming and kind and caring. I love you guys.

Beautiful photo and beautiful peas too!

I know what you mean. I have been on all kinds of forums before. I am even on an Art forum (drawing is a hobbie of mine and I might possibly try and find a job that is art related) anyways even on the art forum I don't feel nearly as welcome here. I am also on other bird forums, and while most bird forums are friendly, there is definately something different about BYC. Even though I have never met any of the members in person I feel that connection with members because we all have the same love for birds. Backyard chickens is the best way for me to get out all of my bird talk and photos without bothering the other people in my life with too much bird talk, which can happen. No other forum makes me happier and also no other forum gives me the quick help and feedback like BYC. I love how there are so many members that your questions will never get unnoticed. Another thing is I feel insignificant on some forums because I feel like I can't contribute to some of the discussions or art or whatever but on BYC I feel like I can really help others and be a part of something. For a large community, I don't feel too overwhelmed by all of the people and feel like I can't help. It is great here! This website is the one I love visiting the most that is for sure.

I'm sorry you are having a rough day.
hugs.gif

I totally understand, this is the only forum i belong to, but i have belonged to others in the past and saw how some folks get bulled over nothing, i never partake in any forum that does that or allows it and if it happened here i would be gone from here also , there are great group of people here keeping things in check at all times and i appreciate it.

I love your post , we are here to learn together even with all the different ages we mesh pretty darn good together.

You just stay here with us.
hugs.gif

Is it raining at your place? i got a day of Sunshine yesterday now it is gloomy again.
th.gif

Thanks guys. I just wish I had more to add to this forum. I've taken some time off of it but I miss you guys every day.

I actually wish it were raining, it's been warming up this week after two pretty good weeks of being below freezing. But I don't mind. I love rain, I'm actually a little jealous. :p

Love your pics, Zaz. How's mister white boy doing?

Mmmaddie13,,noticed you hadn't been here much but I visit much later at night than most and havn't posted much lately.I see your small brood of "Pea Palace" birds are looking great!! And if it makes any diffrence the last 2 Opal B/S chicks I hatched is indeed a pair.I know you love Opals and I think you wound up with 3 males?
Yes we are a small group here.I used to frequent other areas of BYC a lot before I decided to get peafowl eggs and see if the Brinsea was as good as I was told,so now this is about the only part of BYC that I come to.I check for new posts and threads and then leave,not venturing to other areas here anymore.Sometimes I get staunch in my opinions and views (German heritage) But I'm always here to learn or help if possible.Not that I have much to offer in all areas,especially in genetics but I've learned a lot on my own and by reading here and adjusting to my personal situations.
It is no crime to speak your opinion.Noone is an expert at any one thing on this forum,if they were a Pay Pal link would be affixed to their nickname and payment would need to be made before getting correct,consice answers.There are many threads here I never post in because others cover the question with great answers so why be repetitive? But on some issues I get very involved with and maybe to the point of being over assertive. To me I'm right until proven otherwise.
I know what you mean about some forums having bullies and the like.The breed of dog we raise has some of the most egotystical-closed minded people in the world involved and over the years I have watched dozens of them come and go.Yet we have not quit or been financially ruined by others to the point of resigning out of this breed.But dogs are peafowl are nothing alike.There is much more to be learned here than in reading books or videos and all answers comes from those of us who have been there-done that.Your starting out and I know you have digested tons of information here,as well as asked for answers.With that being said I know you consider this area home.

I have to jump in here are agree so wholeheartedly -- I am so thankful for this forum and for all of you kind and generous peapeople!
clap.gif

The side effect of this is that I get to worrying about BYC peapeople who disappear for a while (for example, hey LilZoo, are you doing OK?).

Last edited:
Randy, I do love Opals. :) I've got the two Opal B/S boys, their brother, an IB B/S split to Opal boy, and then my newest addition, Owen, the Opal Silver Pied boy. But I've got my Casper, which is Owen's daughter, Opal Silver Pied hen.
I'm gonna need to find some Opal hens at some point.. :)

Yeah, Lil Zoo, where are you!??

Back
Top Bottom