This gal has me stumped

Notafancytaco

In the Brooder
May 23, 2023
They wrote cream legbar on the box at the feed store(she’s from Hoover Hatcher) but this gal is obviously not one. Any ideas. She has green legs and a couple small black spots. Her name is Regina

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpeg
    IMG_2455.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2456.jpeg
    IMG_2456.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 23
Most definitely not a cream legbar but she may have some legborn in her. Looks like some sort of bird they would tag as a “Easter Egger” as her face screams that she had some ameraucana heritage (long, eagle-like face). I’d expect some colorful eggs from her if she truly is that mix.
I am pretty sure she will have blue eggs. I remember pointing at her bin because it said blue eggs. I am terrible though, because I don’t remember at all what breed was in there. The gal just wrote legbar on the box.

Most definitely not a cream legbar but she may have some legborn in her. Looks like some sort of bird they would tag as a “Easter Egger” as her face screams that she had some ameraucana heritage (long, eagle-like face). I’d expect some colorful eggs from her if she truly is that mix.
The (light) green eggs add to your assessment- my guess would be EE as well- with some leghorn thrown in!

My first thought was also EE, no signs of the muff or beard, but they don't all get it. I have some EE's crossed with other breeds that other than coloring, look like her.

Back
Top Bottom