This is a long shot, looking for a home for older hens in WA

Thank you! Bumping again, these guys are still available, though I am starting to give up hope on their adoption. Thanks so much everyone for all your help and support! 💕
I can’t take them, but I was wondering if you’ve treated the mites? That would definitely help. And, if you have, you might want to ask a mod to update the first post.

You could try craigslist. My dad made an ad on craigslist a few years ago to get rid of some old hens for me, and and elderly lady came and picked them up. She has since taken more old hens from me, and is a good friend of mine. Who knows, maybe God will bless you in the same sort of way!
Thanks for the encouragement! I will defiantly try that, that's super cool! Hopefully there's an old lady out there for my hens to! :fl

You could try craigslist. My dad made an ad on craigslist a few years ago to get rid of some old hens for me, and and elderly lady came and picked them up. She has since taken more old hens from me, and is a good friend of mine. Who knows, maybe God will bless you in the same sort of way!
Yeah they said they tried Craigslist but didn’t work I’m sorry to say this but if no body adopt them you may just buy them in a sell barn or auction house sorry to be this straight forward but it’s the only option at the end of the day. 😞

Oh gosh, that's so sad!! I'm so sorry :( my dad doesn't really care about our chickens that much either way, except when they poop on his lap. That's not a fun time.

I think they are awesome pets, I spend so much time hanging out with them.

I don't care what other people do with their chickens, but I cant imagine my backyard flock that I've bonded with, no longer with me. even if they here replaced.

When I get my own chickens, they'll stay with me til the day they die of natural causes.
if I am going to butcher chickens, they are going to be meat chickens that I will do my best not to form a relationship with.

I can’t take them, but I was wondering if you’ve treated the mites? That would definitely help. And, if you have, you might want to ask a mod to update the first post.
I am working on it. I got treatment a few weeks ago, and this is the 4th week of treatment. ( I didn't get to treating them last few weeks because, long story short, I was riding my horse, she slipped and fell on my foot. I fractured it so never got out to the coop for a few weeks.)
I am working on it though, and will do another check this week when I treat this week. There getting there. Thanks for checking in!

Sadly we own many animals so when we send our 7 month old bull cattle to auction or sale barns then we also send chickens , goats , sheep, but we never send our horses we send our horses if we get to full on horses we’ll send our 2 year olds we feel wont succeed in barrel racing off to rescues my dad doesn’t like selling our animals but we can’t take care of over 1,000 animals by our selves

I am working on it. I got treatment a few weeks ago, and this is the 4th week of treatment. ( I didn't get to treating them last few weeks because, long story short, I was riding my horse, she slipped and fell on my foot. I fractured it so never got out to the coop for a few weeks.)
I am working on it though, and will do another check this week when I treat this week. There getting there. Thanks for checking in!
Aw, are you okay? How's your foot?

I think they are awesome pets, I spend so much time hanging out with them.

I don't care what other people do with their chickens, but I cant imagine my backyard flock that I've bonded with, no longer with me. even if they here replaced.

When I get my own chickens, they'll stay with me til the day they die of natural causes.
if I am going to butcher chickens, they are going to be meat chickens that I will do my best not to form a relationship with.
100% agreed. I'm so sorry about your hens, that is the problem I am facing now.
My hens don't like me as much as yours sound like they do though! Haha, but are still very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom