HELPFULL VIDEO FIND

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT APPPLICABLE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Very helpful, thanks for sharing. I dont think that I would/could clip the under part of the spur! Watching the video, I was like.....
pop.gif

Lol!

No doubt you could do this in this time consuming messy way, but why?

All you need is a drill and a drummel bit or something like it. As you 'cut' the spur with the drummel bit (using the side) it will cauterize as it goes; thus, no blood.

The twisting off is simple and fast. Soaking and lotion is not necessary at all. I would NOT cut off the tip of the new spur! If you are worried about it being too sharp, wait a week or so until it has dried up and use a coarse nail file to blunt it a bit. I will say I've never had to do that, though.

Look up hot potato spur removal. I have done this and the bird doesn't bleed (I don't cut the tips off) and the spurs didn't grow back at a sharp point like what is seen after the spur's outer coat was removed. Now the roosters may sharpen them back to a point. I have one that does this now matter if I remove the spur or just dull the end of the spur.

i have an idea i think i should make a thread about common chicken problems and remidies and let people post their problem and all of us byc members post and help them out.

Back
Top Bottom