This is normal, right?!

TBlevins

Songster
Jun 2, 2021
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Just walk around all Quasimodo hunched over because there’s a freaking chicken that won’t get off your back! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

Their automatic coop door took a crap this morning and they were “locked in” until like 10. I felt sooo bad! When I finally got up there to let them out, they rushed me like they were on fire! Then ate like mad. And shunned me. (Ever get shunned by chickens?! I felt horrible!! Even my loveable one was like NOPE!)

So, later in the day, like the good Chicken Mommy that I am, I took up scrambled eggs, rice, celery, carrots, BOSS, meal worms ... a veritable smorgasbord of all kinds of goodies! I figured to take it all up on TWO plates. That way, sharing would not be an issue! They ate. (And Frack sat in my lap for a bit, so I guess she's no longer mad at me.)

After they were done, I bent down to get plate #1, Po IMMEDIATELY hopped on my back. 🙄 I stood up and she hopped off. Bent back down to get the plate, she hopped on again! 🤦🏽‍♀️🤬😂 (and she makes sure to be in that exact spot of your back where you just can’t reach!) Damn chicken!! Screw it! I hobbled/walked over to get the other plate and she hopped off. Cool! I bent to get plate #2, and right back up she came again! 😂😂😂 Stupid chicken!

Attachments

• FA02B0A9-E35E-49A6-B37B-23EE5061A7BE.jpeg
    FA02B0A9-E35E-49A6-B37B-23EE5061A7BE.jpeg
    489.4 KB · Views: 13
Just walk around all Quasimodo hunched over because there’s a freaking chicken that won’t get off your back! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

Their automatic coop door took a crap this morning and they were “locked in” until like 10. I felt sooo bad! When I finally got up there to let them out, they rushed me like they were on fire! Then ate like mad. And shunned me. (Ever get shunned by chickens?! I felt horrible!! Even my loveable one was like NOPE!)

So, later in the day, like the good Chicken Mommy that I am, I took up scrambled eggs, rice, celery, carrots, BOSS, meal worms ... a veritable smorgasbord of all kinds of goodies! I figured to take it all up on TWO plates. That way, sharing would not be an issue! They ate. (And Frack sat in my lap for a bit, so I guess she's no longer mad at me.)

After they were done, I bent down to get plate #1, Po IMMEDIATELY hopped on my back. 🙄 I stood up and she hopped off. Bent back down to get the plate, she hopped on again! 🤦🏽‍♀️🤬😂 (and she makes sure to be in that exact spot of your back where you just can’t reach!) Damn chicken!! Screw it! I hobbled/walked over to get the other plate and she hopped off. Cool! I bent to get plate #2, and right back up she came again! 😂😂😂 Stupid chicken!
I have never seen that before!

I have never seen that before!
She used to do it Every Single Time I bent over. But I got wise and really paying attention to when she’d do “Chickie Physics” - standing tall, bending down like to jump, you can see her calculating, lol. I thought she was over it. Evidently, she was just lulling me into a false sense of security - and she’s now MUCH faster in her calculations! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

She used to do it Every Single Time I bent over. But I got wise and really paying attention to when she’d do “Chickie Physics” - standing tall, bending down like to jump, you can see her calculating, lol. I thought she was over it. Evidently, she was just lulling me into a false sense of security - and she’s now MUCH faster in her calculations! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
Oh well. Same thing with our goat. Once they learned, as soon as you bent over, even for 2 seconds, she’ll jump on.

Yes. Practically all of my chickens have always done it. Like girls, I love you, but I need to stand up!! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom