This is what happens... We have peepers!

Pics
I put both lamps in. One lower for the chicks. I divided the brooder as well...

Two ducklings started zipping and two of the Andalusians are rocking! :)
img_20190427_145136-jpg.1753949
I think that setup looks great! Question... Is that mushy feed in the plate? If so, based on my experience, I suggest you do a sniff test every 4-6 hours because I have found that when I wet out set feed like this it starts to go rancid very quickly, especially in warm brooders. :D

Oh my gosh, I just spoke to them and a few of them started chirping and peeping back :love I love hatching.

The feed is dry. I'm not sure if I should wet it or not.

I've put a separate water dish and feed in for the chicks now as well.

Oh my gosh, I just spoke to them and a few of them started chirping and peeping back :love
That always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :love

The feed is dry. I'm not sure if I should wet it or not.
Mine love a wet crumble, but depending on the feed, it can start to go rancid in as little as two hours.
I've put a separate water dish and feed in for the chicks now as well.
:highfive: You're all set then!

Last edited:
First Andalusian external pipped... On the wrong end of the egg :thBut it pipped and made a nice little hole, so it can breathe. I've had malpositioned chicks like that hatch unassisted, so I'll give it time to see if can manage. Fingers crossed for the others now :fl

Come on duckies and chickies!! :fl
Can you say that a bit louder? lol I really want to see one before I head to bed tonight. The little beggars are in no rush. I'm talking to them on and off and they are happily chirping and cheeping back and wiggling, but progress is slow and one of yesterday's pippies didn't start zipping yet.

Back
Top Bottom