This year has been rough on my pets (now with pics)

Wound has been de-furred and closed back up. SO did the work, I was just extra hands occasionally. the real star of the show was our very much awake dog who took this like a champ.

20201209_173500.jpg
20201209_201905.jpg
20201209_202106.jpg
20201209_204106.jpg
20201209_205321.jpg
20201209_211010.jpg

This may not apply here but I had a goat rip off a big chunk of hide off her side. She caught it on something very sharp but we never did find what it was. I took her to the vet. I expected him to sew it up but he didn't. I am talking about an area about one foot square that had no skin. He trimmed off the hanging skin and loose tissue and scrubbed the heck out of the open wound. Anyway, he gave her a shot of antibiotics and sent me home with a jar of antibiotic ointment. I was to apply the ointment to the open wound twice a day or so. It took a while but it all healed up. She was left with a barely noticeable scar about the size of a quarter.

This may not apply here but I had a goat rip off a big chunk of hide off her side. She caught it on something very sharp but we never did find what it was. I took her to the vet. I expected him to sew it up but he didn't. I am talking about an area about one foot square that had no skin. He trimmed off the hanging skin and loose tissue and scrubbed the heck out of the open wound. Anyway, he gave her a shot of antibiotics and sent me home with a jar of antibiotic ointment. I was to apply the ointment to the open wound twice a day or so. It took a while but it all healed up. She was left with a barely noticeable scar about the size of a quarter.
I was considering not bringing her in since we have antibiotics here & the wound is looking pretty good, but wed also never forgive ourselves if that was the wrong decision, so I'm waiting to hear if their vet is in today. SO spent ages picking each piece of fur out of the wound & was saying theres no way a vet could spend that much time on it. Granted a good part of the time was cutting off the super glued fur which was our fault haha.

I feel your pain. I won't even make a list, but I feel like this year has been a constant battle to keep my animals safe and healthy. Not to mention ourselves. Thankfully your critters have such a good pet parent to help them when they need it! Best of luck to you.
I wasnt gunna make a list and then I kept remembering 'oh that happened' over and over lol

Back
Top Bottom