Those Amazing Golden Comets!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gltrap54, Aug 16, 2010.

1. gltrap54

gltrap54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    My six Golden Comets have only been laying for a few weeks & the temperature here in NE Kansas was around 104/105 for seven straight days recently. The little red hens maintained their six-eggs- a- day routine right on through the heat wave! I was sure the intense heat would affect their egg production, but that just wasn't the case. Egg laying machines is what they are!

2. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    That is pretty awesome in that heat!

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Thumbs up to those girls! Mine (not Golden Comets) have really slowed down as the heat has gone on and on.

4. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    My Golden Comets are more reliable than my RIRs! I love them!![​IMG]

5. kano

kano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Santiago de Chile
    For the first time I have Golden Comets (6) and they are absolutely loving birds. They brougth calm and serenity to the coop. The rest are mongrels of mostly chilean birds. (They lay green and blue) but since I have them (The Golden C.) I have noticed less fights , another atmosfere. Even the roo act with a lot delicacy in "those"moments. Not screems or running all over. May be it's just me, but it's my imppression.

Amarylis ,one of my favourites.

6. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    My golden comet is 4 and is still laying extra large eggs we love her so much.

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    My GComet and white leghorns and one barred rock girl are the only ones maintaining a steady pace around here during our record breaking heat.

8. gltrap54

gltrap54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Quote:My GC girls & I have formed a bond in the six months we've been together! I'm retired & my six girls are a good fit for me! Now maybe I need six more???? I have room![​IMG]

9. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oooh get more get more!

I got my two GCs by accident - looking at the different feed stores for specific breeds, went to a little hole in the wall place where every chick had pasty butt so I bought 2 just to get them out of there. They are so sweet!!! one just started laying and she is in there everyday. She doesn't even care if I go in there to feed / clean , she just goes right one with fixing her nest and getting ready to lay her egg.

10. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    What's a Golden Comet thread without at least one picture? In addition to being great layers, they really are personable birds. My 2 follow me more than my other birds, and hold conversations with me. They really try to get their points across. So funny!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by