Those Amazing Golden Comets!!!

gltrap54

Songster
13 Years
Mar 26, 2010
My six Golden Comets have only been laying for a few weeks & the temperature here in NE Kansas was around 104/105 for seven straight days recently. The little red hens maintained their six-eggs- a- day routine right on through the heat wave! I was sure the intense heat would affect their egg production, but that just wasn't the case. Egg laying machines is what they are!

My Golden Comets are more reliable than my RIRs! I love them!!
thumbsup.gif

For the first time I have Golden Comets (6) and they are absolutely loving birds. They brougth calm and serenity to the coop. The rest are mongrels of mostly chilean birds. (They lay green and blue) but since I have them (The Golden C.) I have noticed less fights , another atmosfere. Even the roo act with a lot delicacy in "those"moments. Not screems or running all over. May be it's just me, but it's my imppression.

Amarylis ,one of my favourites.

Quote:
My GC girls & I have formed a bond in the six months we've been together! I'm retired & my six girls are a good fit for me! Now maybe I need six more???? I have room!
jumpy.gif

oooh get more get more!

I got my two GCs by accident - looking at the different feed stores for specific breeds, went to a little hole in the wall place where every chick had pasty butt so I bought 2 just to get them out of there. They are so sweet!!! one just started laying and she is in there everyday. She doesn't even care if I go in there to feed / clean , she just goes right one with fixing her nest and getting ready to lay her egg.

What's a Golden Comet thread without at least one picture? In addition to being great layers, they really are personable birds. My 2 follow me more than my other birds, and hold conversations with me. They really try to get their points across. So funny!

Goldie_sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom