Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Christian here -- Roman Catholic, specifically. It makes me very happy to see so many other Christians on here.
I have 17 chickens and 4 guineas. One of the guineas hatched out under an ISA, and I ended up fussing over him. He imprinted on me very firmly, and has been a wonderful, loud little blessing.
I intend to go into nursing in college, and am aiming for either child delivery or diabetes education. I want to avoid anything that could make me have anything to do with fetal tissue and abortion.

Jeremiah 1:5 -- "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
School nursing is the best kept secret in the nursing field. Hours are great. Patients are appreciative. Wish I had started this twenty years ago, I would never need to retire.
Warning though: you will not be able to maintain most of your skills, except active listening.

I have been reading thru every submission, I'm up to page 17 today. It appears that music suggestions are appreciated, so I want to make an occasional reading suggestion. Here comes the first one:
Mega Shift, by James Rutz (rhymes with klutz, his words, not mine). This is a life changing book if you (like me) are a believer approaching the "golden years" but still have a destiny to fulfil. The author writes something in a funny way on every page. It will make you smile, if not fall off the toilet laughing. (Did I mention it makes good bathroom reading, the chapters are short, with sub-chapters)
I will begin going thru this book in a few weeks (about 09/2021, after the current book is completed) with my men's group at church if you're in the Olympia area (and male).

When we develop a close personal relationship with Jesus and really understand how much he loves us it becomes so much easier to trust Him. We began to believe everything he tells us in his word. He is a man of his word as we say. If he said it he will do it. Don't get in a hurry though, his timing is always perfect but hardly ever fits our timing. Trust His, it is never late but is seldom ever early. Know that He is working all things together for our good. His blessing are not based on our performance but on His goodness. He is always good, He never changes
Spot on!

Hi guys,
I am Eden. I would love to join this group, as I love the lord. I am a teenage daughter of to loving parents, and many siblings. there are 8 of us is our family. I have only joined this website recently, and was so happy to find this chat group. Hope if it is ok if I join.
I'm sure you are welcome here. Feel safe. Be bold. Tell us the story how you got your name.

I’ve quickly learned they’re the messiest, smelliest, and dumbest of all our outside animals. But they are entertaining to watch.
I don't have ducks myself. My son-in-law added a few to his chicken flocks. He has a flock of layers and a flock of broilers. I'm not sure which flock the ducks joined, but I would guess with the layers, unless they don't stop pulling all the feed out onto the ground.

On another note....

We got our first garden planted in this home! We moved to the property in June 2020, so no time for garden then. But we are super excited for this year's!

The barn belongs to the neighboring property, who sold us ours. We live in the original 70s farmhouse that her grandparents built. There is a tone of history to our property. Which is so unique going all the way back to early days here in WA.

And that's our coop/run in the second picture. Built off/in in the old stable.
Thank you for picture #4. I will probably be posting it in various places, if you don't mind.

Oh my goodness love this and I want to join. Thanks for starting it!:frow

I live in Georgia with my husband of 9 years. We have yet to have biological children but are staring the process to becoming foster parents! The Lord is writing an amazing story and making beauty from ashes!

We had to put down my beloved miniature Pinscher about a year and a half ago- of almost 16 years. I'm still not ready to get a dog but I chicken sat for a dear friend and absolutely fell in LOVE! So we now have 6 chickens: 1 Black Australorp (Lorpy) 1 Barred Rock (Poppy Seed) 2 Buff Rocks (Orpy and Ginger) (they were supposed to be Buff Orpingtons and are not, lol!)
2 California Whites (Sassy and Pearl).

I've been saved for 14 years now. It never ceases to amaze me how great His love is for us. He is long suffering and incredibly merciful. It's great finding like minded people in this world! Also trying my hand at gardening and love it!

Attachments

• chicks.jpg
    chicks.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pup.jpg
    pup.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom