Thread for Christian chicken lovers

I want goats šŸ„° nigerian dwarf...someday
I had some Nigerian Dwarfs before, they were so adorable and entertaining. They'd follow me around, even when I'd take my horse out for a ride, they'd run along beside me until they decided they were done, then they'd make a bee line back home running flat out and frolicking. They were so much fun.

Awww, goats are so fun! What kind?

1 myotonic and 1 Nigerian dwarf. Both are wethers. They were around 4-6 months old when we got them and were a bonded pair. Theyā€™re a hoot! Very ornery lately (we finished the fence/gate to confine them to the top of our back lot and theyā€™re made because they were spoiled spending their days on our deck close to the house. They can be just like dogs, wagging their tails excited to see us)

Edited to add pic: Obi (-Wan Kenobi) and (Darth) Maul

Attachments

• 99EB2ADB-5E8D-41A0-A6E9-622E841861CA.jpeg
    99EB2ADB-5E8D-41A0-A6E9-622E841861CA.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm newer to BYC (I lurked for awhile) I'm a Christian as well, although I don't have a specific denomination- I just read the KJV and try to follow the Lord's word. I think this thread is greatšŸ˜Š

I live on a few acres in rural Minnesota with my husband and our 4 kids. We currently have lavender orpingtons, silver laced wyandottes, brahmas and silkies (I just bought an incubator and I'm trying to hatch out more!) We also have a great pyrenees, a chocolate lab and a cat. It's finally warming up here after weeks of negative temps- it was in the 40s today and beautiful!
Welcome so glad you found us. Glad your weather is warming up, spring is an amazing time of new life and beauty, its my favorite time of year...aside from the allergies that try to plague me lol

I believe unity in the body of Christ is so important these days. Showing each other grace and mercy, knowing that each of us is in a different place in our walk with God. Speaking the truth in love, bringing each other up higher gently, understanding that we all have weaknesses to overcome. Striving to keep strife out of our relationships and striving to always be a peacemaker. We may come from different denominations but we all have Jesus as a common ground. We can build on that foundation.

I had some Nigerian Dwarfs before, they were so adorable and entertaining. They'd follow me around, even when I'd take my horse out for a ride, they'd run along beside me until they decided they were done, then they'd make a bee line back home running flat out and frolicking. They were so much fun.
I would like them for dairy goats but not sure my 1 acre is enough room for them plus all my research has revealed that dairy goats require a lot of time. Maybe in a couple years I'll be at a place where I have more time to devote to doing it. Its a desire for sure.

Christian here -- Roman Catholic, specifically. It makes me very happy to see so many other Christians on here.
I have 17 chickens and 4 guineas. One of the guineas hatched out under an ISA, and I ended up fussing over him. He imprinted on me very firmly, and has been a wonderful, loud little blessing.
I intend to go into nursing in college, and am aiming for either child delivery or diabetes education. I want to avoid anything that could make me have anything to do with fetal tissue and abortion.

Jeremiah 1:5 -- "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
So happy to meet you Sapphire, so glad you joined us. Nursing is an exciting and diverse career choice. I love it, couldn't imagine doing anything else. I work for a catholic hospital, its nice to be able to pray with you patients and your coworkers and it be the norm instead of the exception.

I would like them for dairy goats but not sure my 1 acre is enough room for them plus all my research has revealed that dairy goats require a lot of time. Maybe in a couple years I'll be at a place where I have more time to devote to doing it. Its a desire for sure.
I kept 3 in my fenced back yard for several months the one summer. The milking would be a time consumer for sure though.

When you have a chance for goalies to work out for you, you're going to love having them!

Back
Top Bottom