Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
He has started trying to flog me on occasion but I have chased him off or caught him and carried him around. He's never done that before, just in the last month or so. I've always given him his space and he gives me mine...until lately. He eats out of my hand and never came at me...until lately. I'm hoping the spring hormones will mellow and he will go back to his old self.
My guy earned himself a reservation at the dinner table yesterday. He is currently in solitary confinement until I have time to deal with him. He went after one of my smaller hens, pulling feathers, viciously pecking the back of her head, and roughly pinning her to the ground to mate her. She got away twice and he did it again both times. The last time, I grabbed my handy dandy chicken catcher, snagged him and put him in an empty coop.

Pretty as he is (he’s the one in my avatar), I’m not particularly fond of him. I’ll feel better about the grandkids out with the chickens when he’s not around as well.

Last edited:
My guy earned himself a reservation at the dinner table yesterday. He is currently in solitary confinement until I have time to deal with him. He went after one of my smaller hens, pulling feathers, viciously pecking the back of her head, and roughly pinning her to the ground to mate her. She got away twice and he did it again both times. The last time, I grabbed my handy dandy chicken catcher, snagged him and put him in an empty coop.

Pretty as he is (he’s the one in my avatar), I’m not particularly fond of him. I’ll feel better about the grandkids out with the chickens when he’s not around as well.
He is pretty, sorry he is so naughty. Mine has been on good behavior today, but I wont turn my back on him until he gets back to normal. At least my guy is good to the girls so I'm holding out hope he will come out of this.

Jesus hung out with sinners, but when He left them, they were transformed. We need to be the change agent everywhere we go, speaking the Truth and setting people free from their sins, not picking up their sins to carry around with us. Be salty, be a light, speak Truth, love generously, forgive always (but you don't have to repeat the situation, move on), encourage, and correct, God's Word will never return void.

Jesus hung out with sinners, but when He left them, they were transformed. We need to be the change agent everywhere we go, speaking the Truth and setting people free from their sins, not picking up their sins to carry around with us. Be salty, be a light, speak Truth, love generously, forgive always (but you don't have to repeat the situation, move on), encourage, and correct, God's Word will never return void.
I'm reading a book called Setting Captives Free by Jake Kail. Its very interesting, im learning a lot about helping people get free from evil influence and bondage. So many hurting people around us that need deliverance and don't realize they can be set free.

I'm reading a book called Setting Captives Free by Jake Kail. Its very interesting, im learning a lot about helping people get free from evil influence and bondage. So many hurting people around us that need deliverance and don't realize they can be set free.
So many people, even after they know how good God is, don't feel that they are worthy of being free, they carry so much shame and guilt that they don't belive they deserve anything good. Such lies and deceit. Jesus died for all, we are all worthy because of His sacrifice, we don't deserve it, but it is freely given. And for those who don't know God at all, this is truly a lost and dying world we live in.

Thanks for sharing the title, it sounds like a book worth reading.

So many people, even after they know how good God is, don't feel that they are worthy of being free, they carry so much shame and guilt that they don't belive they deserve anything good. Such lies and deceit. Jesus died for all, we are all worthy because of His sacrifice, we don't deserve it, but it is freely given. And for those who don't know God at all, this is truly a lost and dying world we live in.

Thanks for sharing the title, it sounds like a book worth reading.
God is good to us because He is good not because of our behavior or our performance. His mercies are new every morning. His blessings and goodness towards us never change because of anything we do or don't do. He is a good, good Father. Even His correction is done gently and in love, wanting always what is best for us.

Hey guys was hoping for some insight on a situation I'm having. My 1 year old Austrolorp has been spending about a day and a half on the nest then getting up and running around with her flock mates, then the next day repeating this. It has been going on since Thursday, is she trying to go broody but just not figuring it out?

Hey guys was hoping for some insight on a situation I'm having. My 1 year old Austrolorp has been spending about a day and a half on the nest then getting up and running around with her flock mates, then the next day repeating this. It has been going on since Thursday, is she trying to go broody but just not figuring it out?
I'm not sure, I haven't had any one go broody yet. My bossy BA Jersey just turned a year and she was in the nesting box what seemed like all day yesterday so I was wondering if she was trying to go broody. She sure bit the tar out of me trying to get the eggs at almost 5pm last night 😒 I didn't clean the coop in the morning because she was in there, then I'd see her out and go up there and someone else would be in the box, then next thing I'd know she'd be back in there. There are 5 nesting boxes and a 6th spot under the coop three of them used all winter. They used to use 3 of the nesting boxes, now the last few weeks all 8 are laying in the same box. There's a definite line of waiting ladies I have no idea why they've decided they all have to use the one box.

So, not helpful for you, but I thought I'd chat you back 😊

Back
Top Bottom