Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

This is my little wrong end pipper so far. I think she may end up being my cutest duckling ever. She's got about a dime size yolk left, so she and her snowy buddy should be out tonight. So, by tomorrow I will have a picture of 6 cute fluffy little calls.
Precious
love.gif
and just saw you lost your lil ducklings with the double yolk. so sorry
hugs.gif

OK, I was hoping someone would say that. I thought that idea sounded a little silly. But that's exactly what it looks like their doing.
And the temp did drop to like negative 500.

do you have some straw or something you can put down outside for them?
just make a little spot so they can still be outside and have their feet warm.
mine were thankful for a small straw pile outside.
lol
they all nestled up in it. this way they can still see wats going on

I put a bunch of pine chips in their pen, but they REALLY wanted out today. It's supposed to snow on Monday, we'll see if they REALLY want out then.. LOL>

do you have some straw or something you can put down outside for them?
just make a little spot so they can still be outside and have their feet warm.
mine were thankful for a small straw pile outside.
lol
they all nestled up in it. this way they can still see wats going on

Oh my lord.. my hubby has had band practice going on since noon. I'm about done with this "music".
roll.png

But after dealing with this all day, it might be a good time to talk about the huge eggs in my bator.

Julie, any updates on your call ducklings??

Hubby just posted an ad on the local online craigslist type site for our extra ducklings and it got 10 views within the first 15 minutes!

Evening all, spent the day buying lumber, hauling lumber and setting fence posts. Then painted the posts a nice crisp white. Tomorrow is cross board time. Hand customer pick ups today and helped the Sebbie baby get its head out tonight. Oh and made bean soup and about to go make corn bread.

They say we will be in the 30's tonight so we will be starting a fire in the fireplace one more time this winter.

Julie, very cute babies, calls have to be some of the cutest hatchlings ever.

So glad the eggs we shipped out are doing so well for everyone. Have to box up some call duck eggs tonight after the human baby goes to bed.

Those dealing with the super cold and silly birds not wanting to go in. Build a small shelter by placing straw bales on the ground with a space between, then stack two across the top as a roof. Gives them a wind break to run in and out of. If its damp, put a Rubbermaid tote lid down and put straw on it.

Mine have a dogloo (now the duckloo) with shavings in it. They seem pretty content in there.

They are eating twice as much with this cold weather. I'm gonna have some fatty ducks.

Grrrrrrr! Ebay buyers I swear
he.gif
Sorry I just needed to rant a little. What don't you get about not shipping to your location seriously don't bid if you can not read! Deep breath okay, I'm over this.

So I'm seeing some really adorable ducklings being born, and some oh so cute fluffy chicks. Great job you guys! I have my
fl.gif
for all of you anxiously waiting for babies to hatch out.

I sold the majority of my Ancona ducklings yesterday. I only kept a few back as replacements and additions to my flock, I really couldn't keep more than what I did because I'm expecting my silvers to come March or April. I'm still not sure when I'll be getting my Silky ducklings, but I'm getting really excited about them. I haven't really had the time to take pics of the 5 I kept yet. I've been so busy.........
caf.gif

I'm incubating chicken eggs now.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom