Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I don't mind babies, but the smell of baby ducks is enough to forget them entirely.
sickbyc.gif

Only 2 of my ducks are laying. *sigh* I think I might just be anxious for eggs this year - it is still the middle of Feb. I'm ok with the geese waiting. I'd rather start hatching when it's warmer outside!
I'm itching for more eggs. All my breeding groups should be pure now... but hardly an egg to be had.
If I have all my genders correct, I have 15 female geese and 8 female ducks. That's a lot of eggs!
ep.gif

Well once again I came home from auction empty handed
gig.gif

SO how many people believed me ????

I bought 3 little ducklings & and um ...... some chinese, african, and chinese african cross goose eggs... can any guess how many
hide.gif
I was about to call the men in white coats for you.
lau.gif

8? 16? Two dozen?

Nope, totally didn't believe you.
gig.gif
It was becasue you said "Well once again I came home from auction empty handed" and I couldn't think of a single time you'd came home from the auction single handed. You'd buy eggs if nothing else worked out, emu if neccessary.
lau.gif
Yup. That's our RG!
I got 60 Goose eggs!
woot.gif

Our daffydills are coming up, frogs are croaking, and had my first slugs come out ! Early spring here

You guys need to start posting all your yummy goodness!

Where are you getting your meat birds???

Here is my trio of goslings ~ just had to sex a bunch of ducks & geese for the lady.
I asked my daughter what we should name them, and she said "I Don't Know"
I said that is a great idea.... Eye, Dee & Kay ~ Does anyone know what they are? She got them from Ideal Assortment.

They kinda look like pom babies. Below is my pom/african cross. Whatever they are, they are too cute!

Couldn't pass up this cute little duckie ..... Another idk duckling wonder what he is

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That looks like a cayuga to me. Cute no matter what it is.
I don't mind babies, but the smell of baby ducks is enough to forget them entirely.
sickbyc.gif
So true, so true!
th.gif

Well start a goosie revolution of course lol
I want in on the goosie revolution! The chickens are going to be so angry, after all, they've been planning world domination for way too long!

Duckies on lockdown. Now for the hardest part of hatching. 7 eggs in LD, hoping for at least 5 live babies.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom