Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Meet our very lucky goose! Hatched from an egg that was taken from an egg-stealing LGD!
Handful of gosling - so cute!
I have some very sad news the first pipper died, not sure why just got most of its head out and died :(
Bummer. :( I have three Sebbie eggs developing, so I didn't kill them all with my temp fluctuations!!! I hope they continue to grow. I can see them swimming around in there. It's day nine- think its safe to toss the ones with no veins? Tomorrow is garbage day and I like to get stuff that is tempting to the dogs out fast. :)

Any advice on humidity? I don't want to overdo it.. Got some wet cloths in there now and spritzing every few hours or so?
First pip here. **I've not hatched in an incubator before**.. how much/little can/should I spray them with water? I went by something I saw here last night and put my sprayer IN the bator so it would be equal temp. I have all troughs full but have no hygrometer. Thanks!

Handful of gosling - so cute!
Bummer.
sad.png

I have three Sebbie eggs developing, so I didn't kill them all with my temp fluctuations!!! I hope they continue to grow. I can see them swimming around in there. It's day nine- think its safe to toss the ones with no veins? Tomorrow is garbage day and I like to get stuff that is tempting to the dogs out fast. :)
If I'm not seeing at anything at day 9 and it's trash day I toss.
He didn't make it. Thanks for all of your help.
Sorry to hear Fleecy
hugs.gif
It sounds like you did good, sometimes the change from being in the egg to the outside world is just too much for them. Do try again
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom