Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

It started last week. She is the only one who does it. She drinks, eats and poops just as much as everyone else. Her legs are like all the others except she has slightly bigger knees..... Does that mean anything? I also think something is wrong because all the others hold their tails up and shake them while she holds her tail down and shakes it. While holding her tail down she seems to loose balance and just sits down....
hmm.png

It started last week. She is the only one who does it. She drinks, eats and poops just as much as everyone else. Her legs are like all the others except she has slightly bigger knees..... Does that mean anything? I also think something is wrong because all the others hold their tails up and shake them while she holds her tail down and shakes it. While holding her tail down she seems to loose balance and just sits down....
hmm.png
my last duck hatched this year is a full sized chocolate bibbed....she didn't have great balance for a long time but is perfect now
and she sat with her legs sticking straight out in front down all the way on her bottom...it was cute...but now she croutches like the others
if she's normal in every other way I'd say she's fine

I'm not honestly sure. The person moved in less than a month ago. Whenever I brought home the new pair she decided it was her place to come over and comment on my animal keeping. Apparently she feels like my "barnyard" is really bringing down the neighborhood. The neighborhood has problems with robbery,drugs, and many more things I can't even mention on BYC but she wants to complain about me keeping a few birds around. I didn't even complain when her lab ran off and snapped at my small dog. Now she's even called animal control on the birds. The officer told me I had 2 weeks to rehome the chickens. At first I was honestly just considering giving up the chickens so it wouldn't turn into a big issue but this woman has really gotten under my skin. If she wants a fight then she's got one. I'm not giving up my birds that I know for a fact I can legally own in my area. 

Aw I'm sorry Kevin. That is unfortunate. I'd suggest that you look up RaZ, The Criminal Chicken Keeper. He has been thru it too. Stay positive and strong hang in there.

I'll have to check him out. So far everything is quiet again so I'm hoping this dispute is finished.

I took a video of my favorite duckling. What do you guys think? Male or female? I'm thinking female but I haven't heard any male like noises from my other ducks so I don't have anything to compare it to. I think i might only hear female quacks because that what I want them all to be!
0.jpg

0.jpg

Lol no but she sent me a message and said with the weather they arnt laying consistent enough to get a nice fresh dozen so she is sending me two of her female ducks and she will send the eggs later when they start laying consistent enough to get a good fresh dozen!
So she is going to ship you two adult ducks or two ducklings? I recommend a lady on ebay who sells ancona ducks in groups of 3 or a dozen. Her eggs are very fertile! All seven eggs I bought from her developed fully and five hatched. If you search "Critically Endangered Ancona Duck Hatching Eggs" She has pictures of ducklings with chickens. Let me know what you think!

Back
Top Bottom