Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

No eggs so probably not till tuesday or thursday! They only ship on monday and wednesday!
Ah. I hope they ship on Monday. Where are you getting them from again? Also do you think an animal will try to dig under the play pen if I put the ducklings outside during the day? I want to put them out next week during the day but I'm so worried an animal will dig under and kill them all!
hit.gif
I've had it happen before with quails at night, before I covered my cage bottoms. The playpen has a wire top but no bottom.

Ah. I hope they ship on Monday. Where are you getting them from again? Also do you think an animal will try to dig under the play pen if I put the ducklings outside during the day? I want to put them out next week during the day but I'm so worried an animal will dig under and kill them all! :hit  I've had it happen before with quails at night, before I covered my cage bottoms. The playpen has a wire top but no bottom. 

I'm getting them from celtic oak on here! And I don't think anything will bug them durong the day but at night they would try!

Ah. I hope they ship on Monday. Where are you getting them from again? Also do you think an animal will try to dig under the play pen if I put the ducklings outside during the day? I want to put them out next week during the day but I'm so worried an animal will dig under and kill them all!
hit.gif
I've had it happen before with quails at night, before I covered my cage bottoms. The playpen has a wire top but no bottom.
You don't have to be helpless, here. Yes, something may try to dig under during the day. Knowing that, you can wait to put them outside until you have secured an area for them.

I use coated chain link fence across the bottom of the day pen. It is attached firmly at the sides. And I have fence across the top, too, because foxes come out during the day time here, as well as domestic dogs and cats.

How's everyone this evening? I'm still trying to work on this situation with the neighbors. I've had chickens less than 48 hours and I'm already at war with a neighbor.
he.gif

How's everyone this evening? I'm still trying to work on this situation with the neighbors. I've had chickens less than 48 hours and I'm already at war with a neighbor.
he.gif
I missed this.
sad.png

How could anyone war with you?!

Doing okay, had well over a dozen human littles come by trick-or-treating. Glad I made my annual purchase of two bags of candy. And didn't sample any beforehand. Raining, now, so not expecting any more fairies, princesses, zombies, cowboys, ghosts or gypsies. Praise the Lord for the rain, by the way. I think it has been a couple of months since we had more than a trace. At least six weeks.

Ducks okay, kitties okay. Garden pretty much buttoned up for the winter - some greens growing - need to cover them.

I'm not honestly sure. The person moved in less than a month ago. Whenever I brought home the new pair she decided it was her place to come over and comment on my animal keeping. Apparently she feels like my "barnyard" is really bringing down the neighborhood. The neighborhood has problems with robbery,drugs, and many more things I can't even mention on BYC but she wants to complain about me keeping a few birds around. I didn't even complain when her lab ran off and snapped at my small dog. Now she's even called animal control on the birds. The officer told me I had 2 weeks to rehome the chickens. At first I was honestly just considering giving up the chickens so it wouldn't turn into a big issue but this woman has really gotten under my skin. If she wants a fight then she's got one. I'm not giving up my birds that I know for a fact I can legally own in my area.

Wow you did great on the trick or treaters! I'm only up to 3 and I'm not expecting anymore. More candy for me tomorrow.
gig.gif
, I'm glad for this rain as well. It's the only thing that has helped keep my grass alive.

I did some rearranging of pens today and noticed I now have a huge colony of mealworms growing in the duck pen.
sickbyc.gif
. As soon as I uncovered them the ducks went to town on them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom