1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stillmecle, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    You will have the BEST ! Just Wait..

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Julie, beautiful babies. Can't wait to have a few of them myself!

QuackerJack.... I'm not sure what the cayuga appeal is to guys. However, that is what hubby wanted for Christmas, and since I could not buy cayuga ducklings in December, I bought him hatching eggs instead. If this little egg makes it, it will probably be the best Christmas present I have gotten him in the 13 years we have been together!

Well..... we are 2/3 of the way through day 25 with our cayuga egg. I have the humidity bumped up to 70% and am trying to not stare at the egg until my eyes cross and I start seeing movement that isn't there. This is enough to drive an OCD person completely batty!

3. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Hang in there lain. It's enough to drive a person nutty!! Keep us posted [​IMG]

4. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I was thinking the same thing! [​IMG]

5. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Basically, 70 came back, and then.. SM and DG were have a super ChEEse moment that made me gag, and then.. I think that's it.

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Just wait until they internal pip. You can shine a flashlight in the incubator and see little duck bills moving around in the air cell. Then try moving away from the incubator, lol. Oh, and it'll still be a few days after that until they come out. Little ducklings are drama queens, and want to make the most out of their arrival I guess.

7. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Julie- Chicken Danz is really nice. I gave her da hook up. Duckie hottie guy says he'll have eggs in a couple months. He wants 30 more mallards from me in the spring... I smell a trade coming on. :)

8. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Where are you peeps today? I got the girls down for a nap, and no one to talk to. :( I guess I could call my husband again for adult interaction. LOL!!

9. country_girl011

country_girl011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    ohio
    im around.
    no one has been on so i just keep checkin back.
    idk where everyone else is today?

10. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Probably on Ebay, cleaning house, playing outside, or working... Or all of the above. It's a lazy kind of day though. 60 degrees outside here, so the ducks took a swim. Watch, tmw will be 4 degrees. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by