Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

How did she die?

she jumped out of her brooder one day (it was on the porch) and was on the ground with out me. and i guess she got curious and went around the house, well around the house was a blood thirsty burd dog who would kill anything she got her mouth on... well, she got her mouth on Alex (weird way of saying it i know)

before i had alex i was about to give up on ducks altgether. then my brother didn't want his lone duckling anymore cause she was to much work, and then ducks were my life!... i have to say if it weren't for alex i would not be speaking to you right now ;) R.I.P ALEX!!!!!!!!

she jumped out of her brooder one day (it was on the porch) and was on the ground with out me. and i guess she got curious and went around the house, well around the house was a blood thirsty burd dog who would kill anything she got her mouth on... well, she got her mouth on Alex (weird way of saying it i know)

before i had alex i was about to give up on ducks altgether. then my brother didn't want his lone duckling anymore cause she was to much work, and then ducks were my life!... i have to say if it weren't for alex i would not be speaking to you right now ;) R.I.P ALEX!!!!!!!!

OHhhh.. Yes I remember the story of Alex. I didn't know that was the same one.

I am critterrun on FB
tongue2.gif

You all forgot about me.
hit.gif
But that's ok, I found you 70, and friend request sent.

Thanks, Julie!! I got it!

I think I'm gonna have to stay off FB while I'm at work.....way too addictive, plus it has my real name. Here is different - a future employer won't be able to work out from BYC that I spend an awful quantity of time online
lol.png
Some employers wanna see your Facebook page.
barnie.gif

Thanks, Julie!! I got it!

I think I'm gonna have to stay off FB while I'm at work.....way too addictive, plus it has my real name. Here is different - a future employer won't be able to work out from BYC that I spend an awful quantity of time online
lol.png
Some employers wanna see your Facebook page.
barnie.gif

It'll be easier when you're NOT at work. What do you do BTW?

Oh yes, 70- Were you hear for DG's upgrading ceremony? She became a Flock Master! We have been referring to her as Flock Master DG..

AND- The flock master failed to inform me that she has Anatolian Shepards until last night.. So I will be road trippin' it 12 hours to get a pup from her preggers mama dog in mid-March. I have been looking for an Anatolian for months! I'm super excited!

And DG- I posted my excitement in the Anatolian thread I subscribe too. :)

Wow - how wonderful about the dogs!!!!!!!!

I was aware that DG was now an esteemed Flock Master (Mistress?) but I missed the actual ceremony.

tell me more about how your Ana's are around your chickens and ducks.

I'm so excited!!

our male (the daddy) killed and ate a snake that was after our chickens when he was a pup. he enoyed it very much. he also protected 7 chicks with his life from two of our adult dogs when he was 6 weeks old. if raised around (not in) with chickens they will not even let a stranger thats with you near them. they are fantastic! i love this breed. they aren't a inside dog though. they couldn't be house trained to save their LIVES! LOL!

All three of them are good with children, they act like hey have to protect them even when they are with you. If you ever plan to have sheep, and the mamas have babies, please take the dog out of the pen. if not the dog thinks IT, is mama sheep and won't let real mama near the babies. then the babies get so weak from not eating that they die... very sad. we had this happen with our females great, great, grandma, sweet dog, but BOY OH BOY,was she protective of baby lambies! (i could go on and on about this breed, trust me!)

Back
Top Bottom