my son is getting better at doing the chicks and ducks
but I have to remind him
hmm.png

My DH just told me he is taking the week off
so he can HELP me
lau.gif
duc.gif
hu.gif

how long do you think it will take me to clean up when he is done ???
he.gif

But you'll feel SO much better in a few weeks. My mother in law needs this done and keeps putting it off! So glad you're not doing that!

SM

I have to stay off it for a few weeks

you know how that goes
pop.gif

My kids are doing the 11 horses now
old.gif

not like I like it done
barnie.gif

but they are getting done
hide.gif

my son is getting better at doing the chicks and ducks
but I have to remind him
hmm.png

My DH just told me he is taking the week off
so he can HELP me
lau.gif
duc.gif
hu.gif

how long do you think it will take me to clean up when he is done ???
he.gif

lau.gif
Don't you just love "help"? I think I set my quail to hatch Friday. Saturday is my baby Laura's first birthday, so I'm hoping they hatch friday. I'll be busy Saturday. I think I'm taking them to chuck e cheese, but not for a birthday party. Just to let the baby play around. I keep forgetting her birthday is coming up, can't believe she'll be a year already.

Footrot takes some pretty serious conditions to get to that way. Sheep need regular hoof trimming ATLEAST once a year if not twice. I do all mien at shearing and then before fair season. SO unless they are stuck to just sit in thier own feces and urine and muddy wet conditions then yes they will get hoofrot. those animals should be in a barn with shaving and hay and treatment. Taking thier lambs away is going to stress them out even more! they worked hard to produce those guys. with painful feet. and they are not goign to just "pass" along hoofrot to the lambs because they have it. its an infection and yes the lambs will get it if they are in those conditions that made the others get it. Sheep are not stupid.

I thought it was contagious, sorry. As I said, I know nothing about sheep, I have none, am only trying to learn about them at this point.
I'd also like to point out DG is a kid, these are her mom's sheep, and to keep that in mind please while posting here.

I thought it was contagious, sorry. As I said, I know nothing about sheep, I have none, am only trying to learn about them at this point.
I'd also like to point out DG is a kid, these are her mom's sheep, and to keep that in mind please while posting here.

JBourget own a sheep farm, so I'm sure she's passionate about it.

I'm seriously worried that if they don't get them in a dry pen they will have to "put them down".
The only real cure is getting rid of the water.

DG- Did your dad used to take care of all this stuff before the "D" word?

YUP GOT TO LOVE THAT KIND OF HELP
he.gif

Yes I think you are my hatch buddy
hugs.gif

so I would have someone on this hatch with me THANKS

lau.gif
Don't you just love "help"? I think I set my quail to hatch Friday. Saturday is my baby Laura's first birthday, so I'm hoping they hatch friday. I'll be busy Saturday. I think I'm taking them to chuck e cheese, but not for a birthday party. Just to let the baby play around. I keep forgetting her birthday is coming up, can't believe she'll be a year already.

JBourget own a sheep farm, so I'm sure she's passionate about it.

I'm seriously worried that if they don't get them in a dry pen they will have to "put them down".
The only real cure is getting rid of the water.

DG- Did your dad used to take care of all this stuff before the "D" word?

I realize that, and that he is trying to help. But they are DG's mom's sheep and all we can do is nicely tell her what she could suggest to her mom to help. DG said they had a vet come out to treat their hooves, I'm sure the vet talked with her mom about the conditions they need to be able to heal and all that.

Hi
sorry i didnt really stick around yesterday.., its just sooo FREEKIN SLOW on my phone that i usally give up on it..

AWWW thank you so much you gals for sharing your hatchlings with me :D :D :D
i think its because its still winter i mean how many baby do you see in winter??? not many..
im giving up i told 70 yesterday my husband called me a hoarder a few days ago that broke the straw.
i AM NOT A HOARDER!! URG hes like you alway have eggs in the incubator.. URGG!!! that because nothings HATCHING *****
urg! so im taking a step back untill spring and we build a little insilated brooder outside kinda like a garage since i thing mister cant handle his house smelling "differant" is going nuts with 3 chickens and 5 ducks inside.. :(
oh well!!

Back
Top Bottom