Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Mines back on too! As of today. My brothers dog got out and in to the chicken area where my porcelain silkies were free ranging and well, lets just say I'm out of silkies now. I found a nest today though with a handful of eggs from them before the dog incident and they are my only prayer at rebuilding from my lines.

[COLOR=008080]Mines back on too! As of today. My brothers dog got out and in to the chicken area where my porcelain silkies were free ranging and well, lets just say I'm out of silkies now. I found a nest today though with a handful of eggs from them before the dog incident and they are my only prayer at rebuilding from my lines. [/COLOR]

That is too bad.. :( I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the eggs will hatch, good luck. Best wishes

Mines back on too! As of today. My brothers dog got out and in to the chicken area where my porcelain silkies were free ranging and well, lets just say I'm out of silkies now. I found a nest today though with a handful of eggs from them before the dog incident and they are my only prayer at rebuilding from my lines.
Awwe I'm so sorry to hear! I love Silkies! I have never met one but I have seen them online raising Peking ducklings as their own :) They are so sweet!

Last edited:
Thanks Y'all I've got my fingers crossed for a couple of hens. I've got a lone paint rooster left so if I can get some ladies for him I can rebuild this flock.
fl.gif

[COLOR=008080]Thanks Y'all I've got my fingers crossed for a couple of hens. I've got a lone paint rooster left so if I can get some ladies for him I can rebuild this flock. [/COLOR]:fl

Good luck! It sucks you lost all your girls :( I've been having a share of dog problems myself, ugh.

I'm so sorry! Fingers crossed for girls for you!
hugs.gif

Final-Final hatch of the year is on lockdown. I turned off the big incy and have the eggs in one of the tabletops to watch the hatch. I think I'm more than ready to let this be my last hatch for a while.'

How's everyone doing?

I'm good :) My last hatch of the year is coming along. I have one duckling (all other eggs were infertile from that batch) due the ninth, salmon faverolles due the eight, and up to three ducklings due on the 15th.

The ducks finally finished molting and one is even laying again. I decided to add some more females for next year, hence the hatches in progress. If I add two or more girls, I'll also add a drake to keep fertility up.

Back
Top Bottom