Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

~~Hi I just wanted to ask If it is worth to keep trying with this duckling I have bandaged legs together put shoes on him and he is just constantly rolling to side I keep trying to support sides of him so he cant but he does. He is on the smaller size and yes he did come out to early as he was pipping and without me knowing my son had pulled shell off. I know this is terrible and I do feel bad and this will never happen again but I don't want to put this duckling through an ordeal when he probably wont make it. I tried to google this but couldn't find anything. I have washed dried yolk of him put aneseptic on him gave him vitamin water. Shall I put him out of misery??

After hatch it can be 24 -36 hrs before they eat, they may drink before then but probably not for the first 12-24 hrs. you can take a small hand towel and make it into a donut place the duckling into this it will keep him upright and keep him from falling over till stronger.

Last edited:
I am really starting to think he better off gone as it breaking my heart watching him. Although I have taped legs and put shoes on him one foot is pointing completely backwards and this yolk poo is just going everywhere and it has like a medical smell to it very strange

I am really starting to think he better off gone as it breaking my heart watching him. Although I have taped legs and put shoes on him one foot is pointing completely backwards and this yolk poo is just going everywhere and it has like a medical smell to it very strange
Sounds like you maybe right, so very sorry .
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom