Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I can't help but laugh DUCKGIRL must have really had to dig to find this thread.
Good to see everyone. too bad some have left for good.

Some are still around on Facebook too, lol. Ever since that upgrade/new format way back when byc doesn't work well for a few.
But I do miss byc and check in a few times a week..and I miss this thread lol. Where else can I share all the boring little details of each and every hatch and a million pics haha! I have managed to get my hatching addiction under control and even shut my incubator off now and then (thanks to my broodies mostly, shhh, lol) I've got serama and partridge silkies going now though..might set a few for new years eve too since its already on and all.

Some are still around on Facebook too, lol. Ever since that upgrade/new format way back when byc doesn't work well for a few.
But I do miss byc and check in a few times a week..and I miss this thread lol. Where else can I share all the boring little details of each and every hatch and a million pics haha! I have managed to get my hatching addiction under control and even shut my incubator off now and then (thanks to my broodies mostly, shhh, lol) I've got serama and partridge silkies going now though..might set a few for new years eve too since its already on and all.
So now you just have your addiction through your broodies?
lol.png
wink.png

Pretty much, lol. So much easier. No power outtages to worry about, brooders to clean, eggs to turn, etc. And between the seramas, silkies, and scovies, I should have a broody whenever I need one.

Pretty much, lol. So much easier. No power outtages to worry about, brooders to clean, eggs to turn, etc. And between the seramas, silkies, and scovies, I should have a broody whenever I need one.
I'd say so. you have the whole broody thing covered. lol I love my broody Scovy's but sometimes those girls won't quit for nothing. still have one finishing up her molt since she wouldn't get off the nest till about a month ago. I also have a bantam game hen who loves to brood.

Lol, I hope so. I'm wanting the scovy girls to sit my goose and mandarin eggs, and a few of theirs. I don't think the serama girls are up to goose eggs, but that's why I got silkies as back ups. All this talk about eggs is making me dread all the winter we have to get through befored spring here here though, ugh! So cold outside today, and Saturday was 70 degrees!

Lol, I hope so. I'm wanting the scovy girls to sit my goose and mandarin eggs, and a few of theirs. I don't think the serama girls are up to goose eggs, but that's why I got silkies as back ups. All this talk about eggs is making me dread all the winter we have to get through befored spring here here though, ugh! So cold outside today, and Saturday was 70 degrees!
That's what hard warm one day freezing the next. I don't think you'll have any problem getting those Scovy's to sit some eggs for you, they believe that's why they were born.
roll.png

Last edited:
JULIE!!! HII!!

Yeah, I did have to dig, actually haha I spent half the day just trying to recover my account and figure out my password again.

Is anybody hatching now, or am I the only crazy person going for it? I want to have Lacie, my goose, hatch chocolate muscovy eggs for me when she goes broody this spring, but I'm having a terrible time finding someone who breeds just basic chocolate muscovies. Chocolate ripple would be fine too, but it's really hard to find just the one color and not a bunch of colors with chocolate mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom