Three day old baby Guineas Poop Problem

CanadianChix

Chirping
Jun 1, 2018
I have three day old baby guinea and two have poop stuff ck to their little bums and it is making it harder for them to poop again and it looks like it is hard work How can I help the poor little beggars I only got four hatched out of 22 eggs so I am invested in their health growth Inalready feel bad enough about such a poor hatch.

I’m kinda scared to answer you. I know with baby chicks you just soak them in a sink of warm water for a few minutes then gently wipe the poop away. Everyone says that keets shouldn’t be allowed to get wet though. But I know if they can’t poop they will die.

My suggestion would be hold a warm wet rag to the spot until the poop softens enough to be wiped away. Then use a hair dryer on low setting to make sure the keet doesn’t stay wet and get chilled. After you are finished, make sure to keep the baby warm. Good luck. Hopefully someone else may be able to give a better answer.

Last edited:
Yup! Good answer @Dmontgomery

I soak just their little butts in a small dixie cup of warm water and pick the poop off using a kleenex, then dry them with a towel and blow dry (not too hot).

You can put on some Vaseline afterward to help keep it from sticking again, but it will quite often have to be monitored for the first two weeks.

Yup! Good answer @Dmontgomery

I soak just their little butts in a small dixie cup of warm water and pick the poop off using a kleenex, then dry them with a towel and blow dry (not too hot).

You can put on some Vaseline afterward to help keep it from sticking again, but it will quite often have to be monitored for the first two weeks.

The Vaseline trick worked perfect for a silkie chick of mine and a batch of Americanas! It is a great way to keep ahead of pasty butt!

Back
Top Bottom