Three female ducks and the eggs are fertilized??

FolkSonginC

Songster
May 2, 2019
Peaks Island, ME
I have three eight month old saxony females, of which two are laying eggs. I recently cracked open two eggs and one was fertilized, with the bulls eye in the center. All three ducks look the same, female coloring, no drake feathers. The only time they are free ranging is when we are watching, so it couldn't have been a wild duck. Is it possible for a male duck to look like a female? A couple months ago I saw one of them mount another in the water but chalked it up to a dominant female. If anyone knows what's going on I am very curious.

I have Saxony..the one..is a runt..so I’m sure that’s why I haven’t known his sex until now for sure..are they molting now...my my male, Little Lou..is finally changing colors due to his molt...how about the quack ? Do all three sound the same? Can you tell for sure which one is talking at a time? Pictures would help a ton here. And, for now, I would treat treat them as though one is a Drake and watch for broodyness. Little Lou is the adorable one with the light head..still not full feathered and didn’t weigh even a pound until everyone here helped me with advice. His head is finally getting some silver but he looks rough right now..lol
6F889E0F-F4C3-453D-BFF7-F6AC00D32CFE.jpeg
A22374DA-1C61-4A59-953D-0144F19C5677.jpeg

I have Saxony..the one..is a runt..so I’m sure that’s why I haven’t known his sex until now for sure..are they molting now...my my male, Little Lou..is finally changing colors due to his molt...how about the quack ? Do all three sound the same? Can you tell for sure which one is talking at a time? Pictures would help a ton here. And, for now, I would treat treat them as though one is a Drake and watch for broodyness. Little Lou is the adorable one with the light head..still not full feathered and didn’t weigh even a pound until everyone here helped me with advice. His head is finally getting some silver but he looks rough right now..lolView attachment 1961505View attachment 1961506
Very cute ducks! Mine are not molting, about a week ago I did notice that one of them had a very low quack, first time I had heard it and haven't heard it since. I usually can't tell who is talking

Back
Top Bottom