Three female ducks and the eggs are fertilized??

Hmmm... I’m not sure about this one now. Maybe a wild drake somehow got to them while you weren’t looking? :idunno
I actually was just informed that there's another possibility of it being parthenogenesis and developing on it's own without being fertile. Very strange, I did a little research and it's almost impossible to hatch an egg like that, but some poultry lay eggs that have started to develop on their own and show the ring

I actually was just informed that there's another possibility of it being parthenogenesis and developing on it's own without being fertile. Very strange, I did a little research and it's almost impossible to hatch an egg like that, but some poultry lay eggs that have started to develop on their own and show the ring
That’s really incredible! Never heard of it!:eek:

There are tons of examples online. I never seem to be able to get good pics of fertile eggs, but I don’t think the ones pictured are fertile.

The ring on a fertile egg spreads as time passes, so I would suggest saving a couple eggs for a few days (5-7 days?) and then crack them open. It should be more obvious by then.

There are tons of examples online. I never seem to be able to get good pics of fertile eggs, but I don’t think the ones pictured are fertile.

The ring on a fertile egg spreads as time passes, so I would suggest saving a couple eggs for a few days (5-7 days?) and then crack them open. It should be more obvious by then.
I'm still on the fence and leaning more to NOT fertile..:idunno

I could see the bullseye your talking about... and would be just as curious as you. :pop

I have also read about the parthenogenesis and find it interesting bare minimum!

Thanks for sharing your leaning adventure with us to follow along. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom