Three pigs just showed up?????

I LOVE PIGS !

When you put that add in the paper you may want to say Owner pays for Found Add and must bring a small bag of grass seed.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS of that little peice of lawn in 2 days
gig.gif

Or should I say where the lawn was
gig.gif

Oh and tell them you won't need the fertilizer you already have some
gig.gif

Last edited:
Since they are tagged, they are either commercial farm or 4H/FFA pigs. Call the local extension agent...someone should have let him know if they had some missing. If not, looks like you'll have a freezer full of pork real soon...

Bob

I don't know how big of a place you have but pigs will make a giant mess of the earth where they are kept. They will also create a big stench. If no one claims them in a few days you might want to try and rotate them around your property to prevent alot of damage to the soil not to mention the muck where no grass will be growing from their hooves and rooting.

Agree, first contact extension agent as more than likely 4H project.

Second since price of feed is so high, don't be surprised if no one wants them back. Hog producers are losing per hog so I'd doubt they'd allow 3 to just get away, if they did, they won't want them back.

If you get stuck with them, there is no law that says you can't butcher them at 100# instead of 250#. I'd butcher them around 180# for best feed per pound of gain.

The pigs are gone!!! The owner call this morning. And yes they were 4-H pigs. They lived about 5 houses down the road. I did not even know they had pigs. They called the cop shop and they gave them my name and phone number. I am glad I called and told them we had them. I did not want to keep those guys!! Glad they are home.
yippiechickie.gif

Im happy to hear that the owners have reclaimed their pigs before they became a nuisance at your place. They sure were cute, though!

Chel

im glad the owner called you about their pigs.i knew with those ear tags in their ears.that they was project or breeding pigs.i bet the guy works on his pigpen.to keep them from escaping.

Back
Top Bottom