Three's a Crowd...So We Ate One

Ms Biddy

One chicken short of crazy
6 Years
Dec 4, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
With two male guineas and only one female, the odd man out was hormonal and frustrated. He was taking it out on the chickens in a brutal way so he had to go. For the record, he was delicious and tasted a bit like dark meat turkey. He was brined and roasted and served with home grown veggies. I must say, it's really peaceful without him. With all the racket, I was beginning to think I couldn't live with guineas. Turns out, a single pair without rivalries doesn't do nearly as much yelling. Do any of you eat your guineas?
20180311_092715.jpg
20180314_210041.jpg

You did a really nice way of dressing and cooking your bird. :thumbsup
I don't eat my pets since I only have a few. One Barbe-Q and my flock would be wiped out. :gig I do eat the eggs.
Also am a city slicker BTW. If I lived out in rural area, I'm sure I would raise and eat my birds. Now eat the grocery store ones.
To keep harmony in your flock you have to take what ever measures necessary.
WISHING YOU BEST... :highfive:

You did a really nice way of dressing and cooking your bird. :thumbsup
I don't eat my pets since I only have a few. One Barbe-Q and my flock would be wiped out. :gig I do eat the eggs.
Also am a city slicker BTW. If I lived out in rural area, I'm sure I would raise and eat my birds. Now eat the grocery store ones.
To keep harmony in your flock you have to take what ever measures necessary.
WISHING YOU BEST... :highfive:
Thank you! I understand butchering isn't for everyone but we're used to it. The good thing about removing problem birds from the flock is that it makes room for more.

Great photos! It has been so long since I ate a guinea I could no longer remember exactly what they looked like when ready for the table.

My aunt had guineas when I was a kid. I haven't ever raised them myself. I have had turkey and quail and geese.

Right now I just have muscovy and chicken. I do eat all of the extras. :drool

Great photos! It has been so long since I ate a guinea I could no longer remember exactly what they looked like when ready for the table.

My aunt had guineas when I was a kid. I haven't ever raised them myself. I have had turkey and quail and geese.

Right now I just have muscovy and chicken. I do eat all of the extras. :drool

I've never had goose. I hear they're hard to pluck? I love nearly all homegrown foods. It feels good anytime you can bypass factory farms.

Back
Top Bottom