Thumbs up for Mt. Healthy!

Sally PB

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
I want to give a positive review of my experience with Mt. Healthy.

I ordered chicks back in January, and had a nice chat with Kelley on the phone when I did. I told her what I wanted (3 Bielefelder and 1 Blue Australorp pullets) and when I needed them shipped (May 14). She listened to me ramble on, and was very helpful.

I got the confirmation email, and my street address was wrong. Way wrong... I looked closer and it was obvious that the typist had had her fingers one key over. Not like I've never done that...:lol:

I called back, talked to Kelley again, and she thanked me for catching the error, and apologized. She immediately resent the confirmation, everything spelled correctly.

I got the shipping email last night. I got a call from the Post Office this morning at 6:30. I received 5 healthy chicks: 4 Biels and 1 Blue Australorp. So they sent me an extra chick! Bielefelder are auto-sexing at hatch, so I know they're all pullets.

They're resting under the brooder plate at the moment. They've learned to drink and eat bits of food. Very happy chick momma here. I would definitely order from Mt. Healthy again.
IMG_E3475.JPG

I want to give a positive review of my experience with Mt. Healthy.

I ordered chicks back in January, and had a nice chat with Kelley on the phone when I did. I told her what I wanted (3 Bielefelder and 1 Blue Australorp pullets) and when I needed them shipped (May 14). She listened to me ramble on, and was very helpful.

I got the confirmation email, and my street address was wrong. Way wrong... I looked closer and it was obvious that the typist had had her fingers one key over. Not like I've never done that...:lol:

I called back, talked to Kelley again, and she thanked me for catching the error, and apologized. She immediately resent the confirmation, everything spelled correctly.

I got the shipping email last night. I got a call from the Post Office this morning at 6:30. I received 5 healthy chicks: 4 Biels and 1 Blue Australorp. So they sent me an extra chick! Bielefelder are auto-sexing at hatch, so I know they're all pullets.

They're resting under the brooder plate at the moment. They've learned to drink and eat bits of food. Very happy chick momma here. I would definitely order from Mt. Healthy again.
View attachment 3506092
I am so glad your experience was great! This hatchery is like 3 hours from me and one I've been looking at!

I am so glad your experience was great! This hatchery is like 3 hours from me and one I've been looking at!
I think they're sold out of a lot (most?) breeds now. Like everyone else.

Do they have pick up available? I didn't even look for that option, since they're 350+ miles from me.

Good luck! :thumbsup

I just looked... they DO have several breeds available! Yay!

Last edited:
I think they're sold out of a lot (most?) breeds now. Like everyone else.

Do they have pick up available? I didn't even look for that option, since they're 350+ miles from me.

Good luck! :thumbsup
I haven't looked at that option.
I looked at ordering some male barred rocks from them...

But alas...instead...I bought an incubator and 2 sets of hatching eggs...bc that makes so much sense since it's obviously NOT cheaper 🤣🤣🤣

But they are on my list for the future...and I would drive the 3 hrs ...kinda hoping it's an option

I ordered some chicks from them but they messed up sexing one. Hopefully yours are all girls!
Since I ordered Bielefelders, I'm pretty confident those 4 are pullets, as the breed is auto-sexing at hatch.

The Blue Australorp... well, so far, it still looks like a female 2 day old chick. :lau

I was looking for your post as I remembered your hatch date was yesterday! Congratulations and glad you got an extra!
Their actual hatch and ship date was the 14th. I should give a big thumbs up to the post office as well! They got the chicks from Cincinnati, OH to Belding, MI in under 24 hours.

Happy Chick Mom here, that's for sure! :love

Back
Top Bottom