Thumbs up for Mt. Healthy!

Sally PB

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
I want to give a positive review of my experience with Mt. Healthy.

I ordered chicks back in January, and had a nice chat with Kelley on the phone when I did. I told her what I wanted (3 Bielefelder and 1 Blue Australorp pullets) and when I needed them shipped (May 14). She listened to me ramble on, and was very helpful.

I got the confirmation email, and my street address was wrong. Way wrong... I looked closer and it was obvious that the typist had had her fingers one key over. Not like I've never done that...:lol:

I called back, talked to Kelley again, and she thanked me for catching the error, and apologized. She immediately resent the confirmation, everything spelled correctly.

I got the shipping email last night. I got a call from the Post Office this morning at 6:30. I received 5 healthy chicks: 4 Biels and 1 Blue Australorp. So they sent me an extra chick! Bielefelder are auto-sexing at hatch, so I know they're all pullets.

They're resting under the brooder plate at the moment. They've learned to drink and eat bits of food. Very happy chick momma here. I would definitely order from Mt. Healthy again.
IMG_E3475.JPG

I think they're sold out of a lot (most?) breeds now. Like everyone else.

Do they have pick up available? I didn't even look for that option, since they're 350+ miles from me.

Good luck! :thumbsup
I haven't looked at that option.
I looked at ordering some male barred rocks from them...

But alas...instead...I bought an incubator and 2 sets of hatching eggs...bc that makes so much sense since it's obviously NOT cheaper 🤣🤣🤣

But they are on my list for the future...and I would drive the 3 hrs ...kinda hoping it's an option

Agree that shipping speed from Mt. Healthy was excellent. Mine were overnighted to Norman, OK. I had them sent to the post office there because I don't have much faith in my tiny rural post office. Norman is just 20 to 25 minutes away. Received an early call from post office. Chicks arrived perky. I would definitely order from Mt. Healthy again.

I want to give a positive review of my experience with Mt. Healthy.

I ordered chicks back in January, and had a nice chat with Kelley on the phone when I did. I told her what I wanted (3 Bielefelder and 1 Blue Australorp pullets) and when I needed them shipped (May 14). She listened to me ramble on, and was very helpful.

I got the confirmation email, and my street address was wrong. Way wrong... I looked closer and it was obvious that the typist had had her fingers one key over. Not like I've never done that...:lol:

I called back, talked to Kelley again, and she thanked me for catching the error, and apologized. She immediately resent the confirmation, everything spelled correctly.

I got the shipping email last night. I got a call from the Post Office this morning at 6:30. I received 5 healthy chicks: 4 Biels and 1 Blue Australorp. So they sent me an extra chick! Bielefelder are auto-sexing at hatch, so I know they're all pullets.

They're resting under the brooder plate at the moment. They've learned to drink and eat bits of food. Very happy chick momma here. I would definitely order from Mt. Healthy again.
View attachment 3506092
I am so glad your experience was great! This hatchery is like 3 hours from me and one I've been looking at!

I was looking for your post as I remembered your hatch date was yesterday! Congratulations and glad you got an extra!
Their actual hatch and ship date was the 14th. I should give a big thumbs up to the post office as well! They got the chicks from Cincinnati, OH to Belding, MI in under 24 hours.

Happy Chick Mom here, that's for sure! :love

I hope you don’t mind me updating!

My chicks are now going on 8 weeks old, and they are WONDERFUL. Beautiful chicks! The Olive Egger we kept looks like a Black Copper Marans with a black EE beard, the Americana is brown/orange around the neck with greyish body & tail feathers, the Legbar is getting her top head fluff, the Barred Rock is spunky and bold but also a cuddler, the Bielefelder is super friendly and cuddly, the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte is actually extremely sweet and personable, and the Lavender Orpington is a little less timid now with some handling and just beautiful. We have a few other chicks of the same age with them and they are all integrating with the old flock. Baby stage goes so quick!

Back
Top Bottom