Time-lapse: From Chick to Chicken

Do you have to close them every time they go in then open them again?
The door closes automatically when the bird goes into the nest,
then you have to keep an eye on things every hour or so to let the bird out after it lays and record what bird laid what egg.
If you have a lot of birds you'd want them to be banded to you can keep usable records.

Read thru this thread.....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/567357/the-trap-nesting-thread/160
....maybe you missed it on GOP's last post.

Been reading some genetics stuff and they have EE in there too. Lol.

Just don't know so much.

I have a porcelain(& a mille fleur) d'Uccles and a black frizzle. She is so cute I may want to inter breed mine also.

I have a porcelain(& a mille fleur) d'Uccles and a black frizzle. She is so cute I may want to inter breed mine also.

I'd have to ask the breeder, but from what I remember her flock was just a bunch of Millie fleurs. And I vaguely remember her telling me that there are a couple base colors for millies, in her case she had red and white. The white millie fleur that daughtered Mille had less blacks and reds. But because she was breed to a mille fleur again, the colors intensified (I actually remember the hens name was Hope, I was going to name my chick Hope jr but I thought Mille was cuter :p). So the mother hen was just like Millie, but less color and more white (which was her base color). So I guess just breed the colors that you like :) if you want to have them frizzled I think you should breed them first so that you can focus on the color afterwords, since she's black. Tell me if I'm wrong people :[]

Back
Top Bottom