times are getting hard.

depending on where you live...and if you have access to a car....with the weather starting to get warmer the farmers in my area are starting to put ads in the local paper for spring clean up help

In the city, walk down the street with a lawn mower and weed eater and start knocking doors.

Have a price list... So much $ per hour spent or so much per Square foot.

Out in the country, farmers almost always have something that needs to be done... drive or call around. Ask, it never hurts to do that.

My sons mow lawns. I also have a 17 year old that develops web pages and he is on the payroll of 5 or 6 small companies now.

My 12 year old sells eggs.
thumbsup.gif

My son bales hay all summer and does whatever odd jobs the local farmers need done. He is demand because he works hard, never complains and does a good job. If you have a good work ethic, word will get around and you will have more work than you know what to do with.

My oldest fixes computers at the local Mac store, my middle is going to be a camp counselor this summer, and the youngest has more spending money than the rest of us put together -- due to egg sales!

If there's a quick and easy way to make money I've yet to find it. Making money requires work. The harder you work, the more you make. Or you can buy your way to a cushy job. If you've got 80K or so to go to school for 8 years, you can find some quick easy money you scarcely need to work for lol.

Selling hatching eggs is about the easiest way to make some dough. It however does require money for chicken food, housing, etc.

Ice cream stands will be opening soon, they hire teens. Fast food is another option. In the country, farm work is always an option. Ebay may be something to consider, often times yard sale finds can be sold for much more than you paid for them there.

or he could supply live bait to fisherman:

i spent my summers catching frogs

a buddy went out on golf courses at night for nightcrawlers (worms) with a red filter on flashlight

he could paint (decks, porches)

As a farm kid I was envious of city friends who could deliver newspapers.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have cut firewood for money.

Unfortunately, "quick and easy money" is basically mutually exclusive for most people, as long as you wish to remain within the confines of the law (which I assume you do
smile.png
). Work is work, and there usually isn't a way around it. That said, here are some ideas:

Take some things that you no longer want to the pawn shop (video games, CDs, electronics).

If you're a good student, see if parents will pay you to tutor their kids a few times a week with their homework. Use your report card and a note from a teacher as a reference.

If you know computers, build websites for people (or you could charge per hour to teach people computer basics).

Walk people's dogs. Weed gardens. Wash, wax, and shine cars.

Good luck! I wish you the best in your search for a job.

Back
Top Bottom