TINY 5 month old pullet, not acting..... "all there". *Help needed!*

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
I have a tiny D'uccle pullet who is 5 months old. She hasn't been acting herself, or for that matter, acts like she isn't all there.
hu.gif
I have her in a small brooder by herself, and when ever she pecks at food, she misses, and "throws up" a slimy clear/white liquid. She is under a heat lamp, and has access to fresh water and food. She also doesn't weigh much, but is not skinny. It is only because of her size.
Her poop looks normal, but there appears to be a little bit of blood coming out of her nose!

What could be wrong? What should I do?

Check her feathers to see if she might have lice. I had a rooster who acted the same way didn't eat but when I checked his feathers there were lice and I put lice powder on him then the next day he was 100% fine.

Check her feathers to see if she might have lice. I had a rooster who acted the same way didn't eat but when I checked his feathers there were lice and I put lice powder on him then the next day he was 100% fine.
Thanks for your reply.

I just checked her lice, and didn't see anything. I will dust her today just in-case though.

New symptoms: Drinking water incessantly, and poops water. Crop is squishy, and soft. Misses when pecking at food, and drinks her own poop.

This is little pullet is loved by all my family, so please help.
Thanks

Why do you say that? What would cause her to die?
I really don't know, my father told me if they poop wet green/yellow there going to die and he's been 85% right.

I really don't trust my father, but he had chickens his whole life back in a small village in Greece when he was young and (he has more experience then me). But, I kick his butt in APA standards, but dad was a Marine Lieutenant so he over ranks me abit.

Last edited:
I really don't know, my father told me if they poop wet green/yellow there going to die and he's been 85% right.

I really don't trust my father, but he had chickens his whole life back in a small village in Greece when he was young and (he has more experience then me). But, I kick his butt in APA standards, but dad was a Marine Lieutenant so he over ranks me abit.
Oh ok. I'll be on the lookout for yellow/green poop, but right now she is only pooping clear poop. Thanks for letting me know!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom