Tiny bantam cochin

I’ve seen roosters mount other roosters multiple times before.

I completely agree. Not only on the cockerel (I see saddle feathers too) but on males mounting males

mounting behavior does not guarantee that the bird being mounted is a female; often it's a display of dominance and happens with either sex in either position

As for the males mounting males, that is just something that happens when a male needs to show the other male who is the dominant one.
Me, who’s had birds for 10 years and doesn’t have a single memory of this happening with my birds (I feel like I’ve witnessed it once but I’m not sure if my brain is just making it up to mess with me):
C456A8F0-F1CD-4C33-9004-4378B7E220FA.jpeg

@MandyMusshafen, I agree with the others, the black cochin in 100% a cockerel. (And before you ask, yes I have raised bantam cochins, both male and female.) Regardless of his size, the fact that he has pointed saddle and hackle feathers means that there is no doubt whatsoever that he is a boy.

Me, who’s had birds for 10 years and doesn’t have a single memory of this happening with my birds (I feel like I’ve witnessed it once but I’m not sure if my brain is just making it up to mess with me):View attachment 3577051
Well, most roosters will mount a hen rather than another rooster. Plus, I believe it’s most common with cockerels, and usually a dominant rooster won’t allow the cockerels to mount him or each other in front of him. To go back on topic, I don’t think I ever saw my cochin rooster get mounted, even though he was a pretty submissive guy as a cockerel.

There's no need to be catty or "make fun" of people. I have been nothing but respectful to everyone in this group. I missed one thumbnail pic in a profile pic on a phone screen! There are nicer ways you could have pointed it out.
As for the bird in question, I've seperated "IT" and time will tell. Your welcome to move on from my post if you're just going to be catty. I wasn't asking about sex. I was asking people with tiny bantim cochin hens about their experience with them.

There's no need to be catty or "make fun" of people. I have been nothing but respectful to everyone in this group. I missed one thumbnail pic in a profile pic on a phone screen! There are nicer ways you could have pointed it out.
As for the bird in question, I've seperated "IT" and time will tell. Your welcome to move on from my post if you're just going to be catty. I wasn't asking about sex. I was asking people with tiny bantim cochin hens about their experience with them.
I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom